INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-hidden Task Bar Unviewable with MC  (Read 727 times)

wrafter

• Recent member
Auto-hidden Task Bar Unviewable with MC
« on: December 07, 2004, 03:02:37 pm »

Hi, when Media Center is the active window, and it is maximised, the task bar in my Win XP SP2 is unviewable, because I have the autohide option selected, which means it only appears when I hover over it. This is my preferred way to use the task bar, as it increases the real estate on my monitor... but alas, I have to alt-tab out of media center and into another program, before I can access my task bar.

Is there any suggested fix for this?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Auto-hidden Task Bar Unviewable with MC
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 03:17:02 pm »

Please try MC 11 (install to a different directory than MC 10) and let us know if you still experience the problem.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

wrafter

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 03:31:35 pm »

Thanks for ultraquick reply - sorry for newb question to follow - but I've literally just set up everything nice and pretty on a new laptop here, so don't wanna go messing to much with the set-up, if I were to install the new version of MC into new folder etc, would I therefore, when using it, lose all my settings and whatnot? (Such as media library)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 04:01:26 pm »

Should be safe to have both MC 10 and MC 11 installed.  Just install to different folders and make sure you have the latest version of both. (note that having the latest of both is important for side-by-side installs)

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up