INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All In Wonder 9700 Pro tuner will not capture channels 1-6  (Read 2031 times)

NewEnglandJohn

All In Wonder 9700 Pro tuner will not capture channels 1-6
« on: December 21, 2004, 12:13:23 am »

I recently purchased a remanufactured AIW 9700 Pro on ebay from a reputable "power seller".      This card was replacing a AIW 128 Rage card that I am moving to another computer.      The new Radon card works great except for a problem where the TV tuner will not pickup channels 1-6.    The video/audio comes in as scrambled/noise.     When I replace the new Radon card with the old 128 Rage card it picks up these channels just fine.    I have contacted ATI and have confirmed that I have the latest drivers, but all in all ATI will not help me much as the card is remanufactured and void of warranty from ATI.    The ebay vendor replaced the card and the new remanufactured card, but it exibits the exact same problem.

System is Abit NF7-S Rev 2, Athlon 3200+, 1 gig ram, Win XP SP2.     
I suspect a driver problem with the TV tuner, but am not certain and ATI will probably not be correcting this bug as their development resources has probably moved onto newer cards.   

Thinking that a coax signal booster may help.    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

NewEnglandJohn

Griff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: All In Wonder 9700 Pro tuner will not capture channels 1-6
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 07:40:39 pm »

Are you using the 412 drivers? Without CCC (Use old control panel)

Griff

NewEnglandJohn

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 08:56:45 pm »

Using the latest posted drivers on the ATI web site.
Display is ver 6.14.10.6404  dated 12/2/2003

ATI WDM TV Tuner is 6.14.10.6227 dated 10/21/2003

Currently running the Multimedia Center 9.03.    I will try to downgrade to the 7.2 that is specified for the AIW rage 128 products.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 09:38:33 am »

It's a long shot, but try the following:

In Media Center 11, open TV options property pages. On "TV Channels" page, click "Analog Chan" button. In the resulting dialog window, click "Override" button. "Frequency Override" dialog window appears. In the grid,

1. Select a channel by checking the checkbox in Channel Index column. I suggest first try doing it with only one channel until you get some result.

2. Change frequency of the selected channel by double clicking the cell in "Override Frequency" column. You have to experiment with different values. I suggest trying to change in increments of 50000.

3. After typing in a new value, click "Override Selected" button. The program will go through a scanning process. You do not have to wait until it finishes all channels. Just wait until the channel you intend to change is scanned. Click "Stop Scanning". Click "Close".

4. Let TV Channels dialog window finish scanning, or at least finish scanning the channel you are doing trial with. Click the channel and see if it tunes.

5. Repeat with different frequency values, until you find the right frequency, or until you give up.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up