INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorting Request for Nomad Zen Xtra  (Read 1656 times)

UnknownID

Sorting Request for Nomad Zen Xtra
« on: December 22, 2004, 11:20:10 am »

With the recent fix in 11.0.159 that allows deletion of files off of the Zen, I have only one more request:

Is there any way to have the MC view the files on the player via track number instead of alphabetically?

Thanks for your consideration.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sorting Request for Nomad Zen Xtra
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 02:56:26 pm »

UnknownID,

From within MC, when you are viewing the tracks on the Zen, if you slect the 'Track Number' coulmn, the items on Zen will be ordered by Track Number. I doubt that is your intent, so can you clarify what you are after?

Thanks,

Steve

UnknownID

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 03:54:07 pm »

This will work. I didn't think that this part could be customized. Maybe this is part of the development process, but I cannot right-click on the column headers to bring up the customize current view. However, I did find it on the Actions Panel > Tag Info > The new little thing in the upper left corner.

To clarify: in the options menu I select "sort by track # for single albums". Can that be applied to this area as well? Also, I don't necessarly want to view in the track order when sorting by Genre or Artist.

Other Issue: I noticed that there is varying bit rate numbers showing. I encode everything at 256CBR, but some tracks on my Zen are 255 - 258 (that I have seen). Everything is correct in the main library.

Let me know if you need any more info.

UnknownID

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2004, 11:43:57 pm »

To clarify: in the options menu I select "sort by track # for single albums". Can that be applied to this area as well?

This is what I was really after.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2004, 09:50:13 am »

UnknownID,

I think it is. I tranferred multiple tracks to a device from the same Album and when viewed from MC they are ordered by track number when that option is enabled.

Steve

UnknownID

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2004, 10:04:09 am »

I am seeing something different. When customizing a view I only have it sort by name and I check the track number for single albums option. The main node on the directory tree for my Zen Xtra works correctly; it sorts A-Z, but any sub-node doesn't seem to have any sorting. It is not A-Z and it is not numbered... is it random from my perspective. I do not have track numbers showing, could that be the issue?

This is what I have, maybe it is just with the Zen. Is there anything else I can tell you / show you that would give you the info you need to see this problem as well?

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up