INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: custom fields retention?  (Read 660 times)

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
custom fields retention?
« on: January 05, 2005, 06:32:03 pm »

I am using a number of custom fields in v11 and they will not import into the library since I moved the location of all my music files to a network drive.

That is, formerly files were on e:\my music, now they are located on z:\ network drive.  Reimporting into the libary all my custom fields are gone  ?

Should I avoid using custom fields?

Rick

Omni

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: custom fields retention?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 07:12:20 pm »

Back in the old days, if one "reimported" tracks into a fresh, new library, then one had to manually create each and every custom field before hand; otherwise, they would get ignored during the import.  (To add insult to injury, if the embedded tags ever got updated thereafter, then the custom fields inside the file would be stripped off altogether! :o)

Maybe this is still the case today?  (I don't know.  Because of the above mishap, I sort of stopped using custom fields, but this was back in version 9.1 or so, so maybe things have changed since then.)

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: custom fields retention?
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 07:26:07 pm »

I discovered that if you 'rename files from properties' and set the new location there, that all tags including custom will import over.   :) :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up