INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Support for Aiwa mp3 players  (Read 2831 times)

iwf

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Support for Aiwa mp3 players
« on: January 06, 2005, 08:27:40 am »

I got a Awia HZ-WS2000 mp3 player out east recent. MC detects the device correctly and will even convert files before loading. However the player requires the mp3 files to be stored in a sub directory of the device not the root where MC transfers the files too. the player has the following directory structure.

Aiwa_aop\data ;Aiwa_aop\music ; Aiwa_aop\fonts Aiwa_aop\playlist

Is it possible to specify the directory of the device to which transfers take place?  I suppose it would be too much to ask that playlists go in the right place too.

regards

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Support for Aiwa mp3 players
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 03:01:12 pm »

iwf,

This is not too much to ask if you are using MC 11.  If so, please post the exact way that the device is listed in the tree.  Then, confirm that you need the files to go to Aiwa_aop\music and playlists (m3u?) to Aiwa_aop\playlist. With this information, I can update a file which will make this all work for you.

Steve

PS Can you access this device directly via Explorer?

iwf

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 08:02:58 am »

Steve

It might not be that simple after all. The two directories involved are \AIWA_AOP\MUSIC and  \AIWA_AOP\PLAYLIST. The device appears in MC11 and explorer as a removable disk. However using aiwa's download facility the tracks appear as .AOP3 files with strange flile names eg 9f468638.AOP3 Explorer can see the files MC11 can't, but that might be just because it does'nt recognise the file extension.

I can send screensshots if you can supply an email address.

Any help would be great as it'll save me having to keep both .wma and .wav as well as mp3 files on my musci server.

Regards and thanks for the prompt replay

Ian

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 08:55:33 am »

Ian,

If you copy files using Explorer to the device, are they playable by the device? If not, if you rename the files with their extension are they playable? If not, do you see a file that may be a database file that the device is creating and using to make files playable?

Steve

iwf

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 11:57:19 am »

Steve

Exployer plays the AOP3 files directly using Media Player. Renaming a mp3 file into AOP3 and giving it the same 8 letter/number file name as an existing file allows to be played on the player. The playlist file is simply a listing of the AOPŁ files in the playlist eg

PLP PLAYLIST
VERSION 1.20

HDD, AIWA_AOP\MUSIC\e42a0095.AOP3
HDD, AIWA_AOP\MUSIC\b9f925cd.AOP3
HDD, AIWA_AOP\MUSIC\b48f8354.AOP3
HDD, AIWA_AOP\MUSIC\e1adea48.AOP3
HDD, AIWA_AOP\MUSIC\fc7197f4.AOP3
HDD, AIWA_AOP\MUSIC\b5a45ac4.AOP3
HDD, AIWA_AOP\MUSIC\e2448df8.AOP3
HDD, AIWA_AOP\MUSIC\3d6cf0d3.AOP3
HDD, AIWA_AOP\MUSIC\9f468638.AOP3
HDD, AIWA_AOP\MUSIC\23b127ba.AOP3

Although the playlist is not a manditory thing it appears that is there isn't an entry in a playlist a track won't play and certainly doesn't appear in either the playlists or track listings.

Hope this helps

Ian

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 03:03:41 pm »

Ian,

Based on your report, in order for us to support this device we would need to get the device and figure out how to write into its database or at least how to generate the 8 digit name you are seeing. I presume if you change that name to something else, the file will be unplayable on the device.  Having said this, it is not something we can undertake at this time.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up