INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox IR Remote Control  (Read 1651 times)

boliver

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Media Jukebox IR Remote Control
« on: October 23, 2002, 12:33:54 am »

Can someone walk me through EXACTLY what I need to do in order to add IR remote control of my pc for use with MJ?  Ideally I would like to remotely change:

Volume
Mute
Basic Functions of MJ - next, back stop, play etc.
Change inputs of sound card - i.e. change to line-in

Do I need to buy a special IR remote?  Has someone set up the special key shortcuts to do all of the above?

THANK YOU in advance,

Bill

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Re: Media Jukebox IR Remote Control
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2002, 01:04:04 am »

It's very easy:
1. Buy a IRMan.
2. Download Girder from http://www.girder.nl
3. Install it.
4. Use an exported group (there are some on the Girder webpage, if not you can ask me, and I can send you mine) to control it. Another thing is that you can give all your playlists numbers and call them from the remote. Good luck!  ;)
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

peterb

• Recent member
  • don't eat that yellow snow
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2002, 02:33:00 am »

and don't forget to install the Girder Remote Plugin from MJ's plugin downloads.

boliver

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2002, 06:49:46 pm »

OK - I don't get it at all.

I bought IRMAN which comes with Girder 2.1.  There is an irman plugin for Girder on the girder website but it works with Girder 3.0.  The downloadable version of Girder from the site is something like 3.5 which tells me it won't work with the irman plugin.

I can't start the girder plugin in Media Jukebox unless the irman ir server isn't running and vice-versa (they seem to fight for the com port)  I also get the same behavior if I try to start the IRMAN plugin inside Media Jukebox (do I need that plugin to be running too?)

And downloadable export group for Media Jukebox from the Girder site is not compatible with the Girder 2.1 that comes with Irman.

My god!!!  This is IMPOSSIBLE.  Can someone PLEASE walk me through the EXACT steps to install a working version of remote control for Media Jukebox?

PLEASE
boliver10@yahoo.com

RemyJ

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2002, 07:32:45 pm »

If all you're going to control is MJ, forget Girder. All you need is the IRMan plugin for MJ.   In fact, you should uninstall Girder and the software that came with the IRMan itself.

Start MJ and open the plug-in manager.  Select "Remotes", then take the "Remotes Plug-ins Page" link.   Now download the IRMan 1.0.12 plugin.  It should install automatically.  

Restart MJ.

Go back to the Plug-In Manager, expand "Remotes", select the entry for "IRMAN", press the Start button, then the Configure button.

Check for box for "New Transmitter", then press Train.
Follow the instructions.

Press OK and you're done.

If you're going to control more than MJ, I'd suggest you check out uICE from http://www.mediatexx.com.  It's a lot easier to set up.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

boliver

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2002, 07:36:24 pm »

This worked for me (using only the IRMAN plugin in Media Jukebox)!!!  

THANK YOU.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2002, 12:04:38 am »

I agree that the route you took now is the easiest if you ONLY want to control MJB, but the problem is that after a while you want to control more... And then Girder is the best tool. I have had a look at uICE, and I'd say that even though Girder may have a bit steeper learning curve in the very beginning, it has more configurability, wich is what really counts for me at least.  ;)
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system
Pages: [1]   Go Up