INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: NOMAD JUKEBOX / ZEN / Micro Issues  (Read 21009 times)

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: NOMAD JUKEBOX / ZEN / Micro Issues
« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2005, 09:52:15 am »

SurferFox,

When using a Zen Xtra, if you want to transfer files to the PC you must select them and then right click on them from within MC. Select the option to Download to PC.

But I tried, and nothing happens

It should work. Try tansferring one file to the root C: directory to rule out the possibility of a permissions issue.

UnknownID,

Thanks for the reply to Surferfox.

You use the word "syncronize" and users think data can go both directions even though the data transfer is one directional.

Fair enough. But Surferfox is the first person to post this problem. Ever. Also, certain data is bidirectional (i.e ratings, last played, play count info) for devices that support that. To truly synchronize the interface would have to grow more complex. This may be the way to go in MC 12.

IanG
FWIW, I tried MC with a Zen Micro a couple of weeks ago and couldn't transfer files to the PC. 

A few weeks ago the Micro would have been only MTP compatible and thus not using the MC Nomad plugin and as a result would have been unable to transfer files to the PC. This is no longer the case. If you are not using the MTP firmware on Micro, you should be able to transfer the files.

UnknownID

« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2005, 09:58:04 am »

Fair enough. But Surferfox is the first person to post this problem. Ever.

Alright, alright... I will let it go ;D ;D ;D

UnknownID

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2005, 11:39:41 am »

:D  No no. Don't let it go. I concede that it would be more accurate to get more detailed about this. I am serious, I will revisit it in 12.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up