INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Sound (no cable connection)  (Read 2292 times)

jwhiskers

• Recent member
No Sound (no cable connection)
« on: January 29, 2005, 10:22:19 am »

No audio is heard when using TV tuner. Using a Sony Vaio with a ATI Radeon 9700 Video card (built in of course with no cable connection like that would be used on a desktop) I have sound when using the TV tuner program that comes with the computer but not with Media Center. I would prefer to use Media Center. Any suggestions? Thanks

Jeff

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: No Sound (no cable connection)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 06:20:59 pm »

Hi Jeff,

It is not clear to me what kind of device you are using,

Is it a TV tuner on your ATI video card (ALL-IN-WONDER)? Or a Sony provided video card? Or a third party card?

If it is a Sony device that came with your VAIO machine, then it is not supported, at least not until Sony has drivers that fully conform to Microsoft DirectShow.

If it is a ATI ALL-In-Wonder, depending on model, it may have an audio out that you must connect to Line-In of your sound card. If there is no Audio Out, you must tell MC TV program about it (TV Configuration->Audio tab, uncheck the checkbox that says "This device requires a cable ...") because by default the program assumes there is a cable connection.

If it is a third party card, mostly it should be similar to ATI. If it does not work, let us know the manufacturer and model.

Yaobing
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

mschweiz

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 04:22:51 pm »

I experience the same thing on my Vaio A317xxx: no sound, whatever config i try to set. I'mgoing to ask Sony about the brand of the built-in TV-card and come back here with the news.
As far as the picture is concerned: my screen is split vertically, i.e. the left half of the image is shown on the right of the screen and the right part of the picture comes on the left with a separation line in the middle. Is there a way of correcting this kind of aberration?
Thank you.
Michael

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 06:14:39 pm »

Video capture cards that come with Sony VAIO computers are generally not supported at this time.

When you contact Sony, make sure you ask them whether their device driver conforms to Microsoft DirectShow WDM.

mschweiz

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 04:12:27 pm »

My picture has become great by this time; I have done some more configuration fine tuning (guessing).
But there is still no sound at all after combining any option with any other...
This Vaio's TV device is in the notebook's docking station, although considered internal. As MC finds the video driver and I can't get hold of the sound by means of the audio driver; is it possible this TV card sends its sound to another device or directly out to the line out plugs? Where can I get hold of that sound?
Thanks for any hint.
Sony doesn't support me, as I have upgraded from Home to Pro.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 04:22:03 pm »

Would you like to receive a debug version from me and produce a log file for me to examine? If you would like to do so, drop me an email: yaobing at jriver.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up