INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.193 Beta Available  (Read 10825 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.193 Beta Available
« on: February 10, 2005, 03:57:17 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110193.exe

Recent Changes

11.0.193 (2/10/05)

1. Changed: Optimization and modification of track retrieval from Portables.
2. Fixed: Networked files would sometimes transfer as 0 length files to Portables causing them to fail or be unplayable.

11.0.192 (2/8/05)

1. Fixed: After dropping / pasting to a tree, a "Working..." wait message could appear and never disappear.
2. Fixed: Gridlines would not draw correctly in lists with a sequence column. (and possibly other columns)
3. Fixed: After dragging a column to a new location, gridlines that extended below the files would not update properly.
4. Fixed: Panes would not always update properly after making changes.
5. Fixed: In some cases, rapidly playing different tracks could cause a hang. (more prevalent with internet streams)
6. Changed: Optimization and modification of track and playlist file queuing for Portable devices.

11.0.190 (2/4/05)

1. Optimized: Adding or deleting large numbers of files from a transfer queue is faster.
2. Fixed: Browser scheme editing changes would not save in some cases.
3. Fixed: Status column would not display properly in some lists. (Analyzing Audio, etc.)

11.0.188 (2/3/05)

1. New: Digital TV periodically checks video size from TV program to ensure correctness of displayed video size.
2. Changed: On screen display made smaller.
3. Fixed: Some 2D visualizations would not work properly on non-English locales.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Animated Direct3D file browsing
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
Support for ATI HDTV card
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

pietro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Ride a bike, what else?
Re: Media Center 11.0.193 Beta Available
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 05:11:20 pm »

Excellent version - seems to have fixed my recent import error I was experiencing (no clue what it caused to appear) but it's gone with this build  :D
Thanks
-Pietro

pank2002

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 05:22:42 pm »

Must have been a short vacation
Maybe he's really good at learning...
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 06:24:34 pm »

Identity theft.  It was easier with him being distracted.

imitation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 06:45:39 pm »

Selecting Drives and Devices in the tree crashes my installation of MC11.0.193

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 07:13:14 pm »

Selecting Drives and Devices in the tree crashes my installation of MC11.0.193
Could you start a thread on this?  We've got one other person who's reported the same, but we can't duplicate it.

UnknownID

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 10:25:58 pm »

I have noticed a number of instances while interacting with MC where the term"Media Jukebox" is still being used.

1) APE tag information for rating; as seen in the Actions Window > File Properties > File Type Info
2) When downloading a pls stream FireFox requests confirmation to open the file in "Media Jukebox"

Obviously with FireFox, the browser is not the issue; it must be reading it from somewhere else.  As for the APE file, MC must be telling it what to contain. Anyway, I just thought you should know to help streamline the terminology (since this wonderful program is not Jukebox... it is something much, much more ;D).

Good Luck!
UnknownID

matshif

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 11:06:35 pm »

Whats up,  ?

CD Baby, Lunchbox and Audible are gone. I noticed it before installing .193

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2005, 04:58:27 am »

*CUE FILE ISSUES*

- MC complains it can't tag CUE tracks when update tags on file changes is ticked. It is preferrable that it not complain about this like with WAV or video files.

- If fix or remove broken links is ticked in the Import/Update dialog,  *ALL* previously imported CUE tracks are LOST !!!

- If an album with imported+analysed CUE tracks is moved (within MC) after import MC loses the address of those imported CUE tracks. The big file the CUE tracks are associated with is not lost.

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2005, 07:30:01 am »

MC11 truncating directory names with ampersands

several of my playlists are based on file location (which, by the way, doesn't seem to be listed as a filter any more?) and many of my directory names have ampersands in the name (e.g. [[Pop & Rock]] . MC11 is truncating the directory name at the ampersand and now my location filters are failing.

This was (obviously) not a problem in MC10 and this is my first stab at MC11.

While I could conceivably change the directory names this would force me to re-import my files, and I would like to keep my "last played" dates (which go back almost 18 months) intact.

coolblue

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2005, 07:53:44 am »

MC11 truncating directory names with ampersands

several of my playlists are based on file location (which, by the way, doesn't seem to be listed as a filter any more?) and many of my directory names have ampersands in the name (e.g. [[Pop & Rock]] . MC11 is truncating the directory name at the ampersand and now my location filters are failing.

This was (obviously) not a problem in MC10 and this is my first stab at MC11.

While I could conceivably change the directory names this would force me to re-import my files, and I would like to keep my "last played" dates (which go back almost 18 months) intact.

Okay, I discovered that if i put the entire location in double qoutes, e.g. location="M:\[[Pop & Rock]]" then this problem goes away.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2005, 09:10:29 am »

Actually you could change the pathnames for the selections within MC as well. But it is much easier that you found a workaround.

godavego

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2005, 10:00:23 am »

I found two problems with 193.

1. I imported my 9000+ WMA lossless files, but a lot of tag values never made it into the library.  For example, I added AlbumID to the library since I use it with my Pronto, but only 1600 of the files got in with the AlbumID value in the library.

2. UPnP server with the Roku Soundbridge is not yet ready for primetime.  For example, Windows Media Connect is able to determine a whole lot about the Roku, right down to an image.  As a result, it only broadcasts audio files.  MC still tries to send pictures and video.  Also, you can't press play anywhere.  You have to select your way all the way down to individual songs.  Lastly, when browsing, not all views are present, and genres and view schemes are mixed together.

coolblue

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2005, 12:21:13 pm »

When running the latest build of G-Force Gold (2.8 registered) with MC in Windowed mode, every time I move the mouse, regardless of which window has the focus and the position of the mouse on screen, the control bars invariably appear. (Control bars are set to auto-hide.) After a few seconds they disappear but reappear when I move the mouse again. To the best of knowledge this happens only with  G-Force (the only 3rd party visualization I have installed).

bjevers

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2005, 06:03:00 pm »

This bug is still around from at least build 160.

Found a right click bug.  Select an album then choose File Properties, then Image on the left below the tree.  Right click and choose Get From Internet works the first time.  If you try to right click in the image area a second time, nothing happens.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2005, 04:01:19 am »

This and the last Build crasht after the import of large files,  ? programn do not react then any longer!  :-[
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

sapnho

• Galactic Citizen
  • Leave a legacy
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2005, 08:14:50 am »

After burning a CD, it takes about 20 seconds for the complete dialogue box to come up even the CD has already been ejected.

sapnho

• Galactic Citizen
  • Leave a legacy
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2005, 08:56:33 am »

When you play through the library server and a wireless connection, MC crashes after the wireless connection has been disconnected. It would be nice if it not crashed but said something! ;)

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2005, 11:13:57 am »

Remove cover art bug

1. Select tracks of 1 album in Recently Ripped smartlist
2. Right click and select "remove cover art"
3. Respond "yes" to "do you want to permanently remove...."
4. Recently Ripped view is cleared of all albums, not just the one selected
5. My heart stops
6. On checking, all of the files are still present and only the cover art from the selected album has been removed.

Frustration with toolbar icons / request

This has been an ongoing discussion, but I have to bring it up again.  I absolutely dislike the blended inactive icons on the toolbar.  They are too hard to see when using high screen resolution and I always change them in the main.xml section on toolbars to "FFFFFF".  However, I also like to add color to the skins and when doing so, the icons become completely washed out, making them more difficult to see.  This forces me to add text to the toolbar and therefore cuts down on the number of icons in my toolbar.

JRiver guys, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this.   

schnidrig

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2005, 11:23:23 am »

Let's say we have a wav file and a cue file. MC display this correctly as album with all tags ok. Now when converting this album to some other format, the Tags are lost and the new files are all called as the original wav file plus a number.

Is there a way to make MC keep the tags, or at least have it name the files in a sensible manner?

Thanks
Christian

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2005, 03:43:27 am »

When running the latest build of G-Force Gold (2.8 registered) with MC in Windowed mode, every time I move the mouse, regardless of which window has the focus and the position of the mouse on screen, the control bars invariably appear. (Control bars are set to auto-hide.) After a few seconds they disappear but reappear when I move the mouse again. To the best of knowledge this happens only with  G-Force (the only 3rd party visualization I have installed).

I'd like to add my vote to change the functionality of this. Even when MC is in a windowed mode, and my mouse is outside of Media Center, it still causes the control bar to pop up - no matter what I'm displaying (Visualizations, Track Info, etc.).

This is very distracting as it causes the contents of the frame to 'flash'. Not a very smooth feeling to the UI...

Regards,
Kwake

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2005, 05:45:14 am »

I'd like to add my vote to change the functionality of this. Even when MC is in a windowed mode, and my mouse is outside of Media Center, it still causes the control bar to pop up - no matter what I'm displaying (Visualizations, Track Info, etc.).

This is very distracting as it causes the contents of the frame to 'flash'. Not a very smooth feeling to the UI...

Regards,
Kwake

Yes... I finally have opted to set the control bar to "always show" in order to avoid this.  It's not neat to see the control bar when not in use but for me it's better than the continuous flashing.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2005, 06:38:40 am »

The problem is that "always show" seems to show the bar on top of the images that are running on a slideshow. A bug to be fixed.

When running the latest build of G-Force Gold (2.8 registered) with MC in Windowed mode, every time I move the mouse, regardless of which window has the focus and the position of the mouse on screen, the control bars invariably appear. (Control bars are set to auto-hide.) After a few seconds they disappear but reappear when I move the mouse again. To the best of knowledge this happens only with G-Force (the only 3rd party visualization I have installed).

It is not limited to G-Force or to a certain display mode. It changed in some MC11 build. It wasn't like that before.

I would prefer the old system. Only the display area was monitored for mouse motion.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Nexus

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2005, 12:24:43 pm »

OK, I couldn’t help myself… I downloaded the MC11 beta. Just the mere mention of multi-zone synchronization was enough.  ;D

Now for the big question… how can it be controlled from an external application? Commands? I would like to add the ability to sync zones to my MainLobby front end. Any help would be greatly appreciated and keep up the great work!

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2005, 04:35:35 am »

since the last couple of release I can't play a smartlist anymore in netremote (via RemoteServer.dll)
playing something in the media library works fine (as long as 'show in theatre view' is checked) :

LX "PLAY" "Media Library\Audio\Artist/Album\U2" "-1"

but playing a smartlist stopped working recently :

LX "PLAY" "Playlists\Auto Smartlists (music)\Random -- one hour" "-1"

also, If I do :

Set MJPlaylists = myMJ.GetPlaylists
MJPlaylists.GetNumberPlaylists

via the COM interface, I see 0

Marcel

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2005, 04:38:30 am »

I tried to use the disc# field like so

album xxxx disc# 1  track 1
album xxxx disc# 1  track 2
album xxxx disc# 1  track 3
album xxxx disc# 2  track 1
album xxxx disc# 2  track 2
album xxxx disc# 2  track 3

the complete album flag is 0 even though both discs are complete...

Marcel

coolblue

• World Citizen
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2005, 05:06:53 am »

The problem is that "always show" seems to show the bar on top of the images that are running on a slideshow. A bug to be fixed.

It is not limited to G-Force or to a certain display mode. It changed in some MC11 build. It wasn't like that before.

I would prefer the old system. Only the display area was monitored for mouse motion.

related - if i do "something" (e.g., close a window) that shifts focus back to MC (running in windowed mode) the control bars re-appear momentarily. i hope these changes are bugs and not features.

It's odd that with all the ways the control bars appear when they're *not* asked for, that in MC11 they don't appear when the cursor hovers in the window; rather, you must explicitly click the window to get them to appear. I liked the old appoach w/r/t this (control bars appear on hover) better as well.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2005, 05:44:16 am »

I tried to use the disc# field like so

album xxxx disc# 1  track 1
album xxxx disc# 1  track 2
album xxxx disc# 1  track 3
album xxxx disc# 2  track 1
album xxxx disc# 2  track 2
album xxxx disc# 2  track 3

the complete album flag is 0 even though both discs are complete...

The newly introduced "Disc #" seems to be a bit buggy. Another bug is that it doesn't write TPOS ID3v2.3 tag to MP3 files. MC does not need that, but because we are going to have more and more hardware devices that can play MP3 files all ID3 tags should use the standard if possible.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

benrad

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2005, 07:58:13 am »

I know I've been bugging John about this, but can we try and support the new TiVo OS in the next few builds? This was a big feature for me, and now I can't use it.

Thanks...

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2005, 10:15:36 am »

A couple of problems:

---------------------------------
1)
Why is the menu item for:
Tools -> Advanced Tools -> Media Server

still there?  If you select it, if gives an error.  If I am not mistaken, this has been replaced by the plug-in.  Having the menu item still there only serves to confuse.

2)
I just went to listen to some music on my Tivo after not having used this feature for a while - it had previously worked flawlessly.  I started up the tivo server plug-in, went to my tivo, and navigated as expected - I went into a 60's rock group, selected a beatles album, and selected a song to play - every directory and song looked right.  However, when it actually played, it played a different AC-DC tune.  Confused, I went back to the top level menu, selected a playlist of live Pearl Jam tunes, selected one to play, and once again it played the AC-DC tune.  Here is a copy of the Tivo Server log:

02/15/05 06:31:31 - Starting...
02/15/05 06:31:31 - Trying Port 8070
02/15/05 06:31:31 - Adding server to TiVo beacon
02/15/05 06:31:31 - Running on Port 8070
02/15/05 06:31:33 - Browsing container: /
02/15/05 06:31:50 - Browsing container: /
02/15/05 06:31:54 - Warning: Bad URL argument(container) Details=Basic
02/15/05 06:31:54 - Browsing container:
02/15/05 06:31:54 - Warning: Bad URL argument(container) Details=Basic
02/15/05 06:31:54 - Browsing container:
02/15/05 06:31:57 - Warning: Bad URL argument(container) Details=Basic
02/15/05 06:31:58 - Browsing container: Audio
02/15/05 06:31:58 - Warning: Bad URL argument(container) Details=Basic
02/15/05 06:31:58 - Browsing container: Audio
02/15/05 06:32:02 - Warning: Bad URL argument(container) Details=Basic
02/15/05 06:32:02 - Browsing container: Audio\60s Rock
02/15/05 06:32:02 - Warning: Bad URL argument(container) Details=Basic
02/15/05 06:32:02 - Browsing container: Audio\60s Rock
02/15/05 06:32:08 - Warning: Bad URL argument(container) Details=Basic
02/15/05 06:32:08 - Browsing container: Audio\60s Rock\Beatles for Sale
02/15/05 06:32:08 - Warning: Bad URL argument(container) Details=Basic
02/15/05 06:32:08 - Browsing container: Audio\60s Rock\Beatles for Sale
02/15/05 06:32:10 - Warning: Bad URL argument(container) Details=Basic
02/15/05 06:32:10 - Browsing container: Audio\60s Rock\Beatles for
Sale\The Beatles
02/15/05 06:32:10 - Warning: Bad URL argument(container) Details=Basic
02/15/05 06:32:10 - Browsing container: Audio\60s Rock\Beatles for
Sale\The Beatles
02/15/05 06:32:13 - Bad Request: Unknown Command
/TiVoConnectCommand=QueryItem&Url=/TiVoConnect/TiVoAudio%5C645.mp3
02/15/05 06:32:15 - Warning: Bad URL argument(container) Details=Optimal
02/15/05 06:32:15 - Browsing container: Audio\60s Rock\Beatles for
Sale\The Beatles
02/15/05 06:32:15 - Bad Request: Unknown Command
/TiVoConnectCommand=QueryItem&Url=/TiVoConnect/TiVoAudio%5C645.mp3
02/15/05 06:32:16 - Sharing (with conversion): F:\Music\AC-DC\AC-DC -
10 - Whiskey On The Rocks.mp3
02/15/05 06:32:27 - Warning: Bad URL argument(container) Details=Basic
02/15/05 06:32:27 - Browsing container: Audio\60s Rock\Beatles for Sale
02/15/05 06:32:27 - Browsing container: Audio\60s Rock\Beatles for Sale
02/15/05 06:32:27 - Warning: Bad URL argument(container) Details=Basic
02/15/05 06:32:28 - Warning: Bad URL argument(container) Details=Basic
02/15/05 06:32:28 - Browsing container: Audio\60s Rock
02/15/05 06:32:29 - Warning: Bad URL argument(container) Details=Basic
02/15/05 06:32:29 - Browsing container: Audio\60s Rock
02/15/05 06:32:30 - Warning: Bad URL argument(container) Details=Basic
02/15/05 06:32:30 - Browsing container: Audio
02/15/05 06:32:30 - Warning: Bad URL argument(container) Details=Basic
02/15/05 06:32:30 - Browsing container: Audio
02/15/05 06:32:31 - Warning: Bad URL argument(container) Details=Basic
02/15/05 06:32:31 - Browsing container:
02/15/05 06:32:31 - Warning: Bad URL argument(container) Details=Basic
02/15/05 06:32:31 - Browsing container:
02/15/05 06:32:34 - Warning: Bad URL argument(container) Details=Basic
02/15/05 06:32:34 - Browsing container: Playlists
02/15/05 06:32:34 - Browsing container: Playlists
02/15/05 06:32:34 - Warning: Bad URL argument(container) Details=Basic
02/15/05 06:32:39 - Warning: Bad URL argument(container) Details=Basic
02/15/05 06:32:39 - Browsing container: Playlists\Green Habit: Pearl Jam Live
02/15/05 06:32:39 - Warning: Bad URL argument(container) Details=Basic
02/15/05 06:32:40 - Browsing container: Playlists\Green Habit: Pearl Jam Live
02/15/05 06:32:41 - Bad Request: Unknown Command
/TiVoConnectCommand=QueryItem&Url=/TiVoConnect/TiVoAudio%5C89206.mp3
02/15/05 06:32:43 - Warning: Bad URL argument(container) Details=Optimal
02/15/05 06:32:43 - Browsing container: Playlists\Green Habit: Pearl Jam Live
02/15/05 06:32:44 - Bad Request: Unknown Command
/TiVoConnectCommand=QueryItem&Url=/TiVoConnect/TiVoAudio%5C89206.mp3
02/15/05 06:32:44 - Sharing (with conversion): F:\Music\AC-DC\AC-DC -
10 - Whiskey On The Rocks.mp3
02/15/05 06:32:49 - Bad Request: Unknown Command /TiVoConnectCommand=FlushServer
02/15/05 06:33:00 - Removing server from TiVo Beacon
02/15/05 06:33:00 - Server Stopped

Note: I also just recently got the automatic update to Tivo software 7.1 and Desktop 2.0 - I don't know if this would affect it.

3)
Ripping issues:

Last night I went to rip a stack of 10 Jimmy Buffett cds into the PC for my wife.  I have always been a huge fan of grabbing tags automatically from YADB, but there is one big problem with the process.  An illustration:
-I insert the cd
-YADB looks it up, finds one listing, and starts ripping
-It is saved in an Artist/Album directory structure, as most people I know do it.
-Repeat for multiple disks.

The problems arise when the listing in YADB spells the artist name wrong. Now I know I can go and update the tags afterwards, but after ripping 10 cds I had a messy directory structure on my pc with albums saved under 3 different directories: Jimmy Bufett, Jimmy Buffet, and Jimmy Buffett.  If YADB allowed you the option of confirming before beginning to write, It could save many maintenance headaches.

Also, viewing the rip log seems to be flawed - When ripping multiple cds back-to back, there is no way to view it in between disks, and if you choose to view it at the end of the session, it displays only the last disk.  This should either allow it to be displayed between disks, or provide a full log at the end of the process.

Thanks,
John

Media Center Registered 11.0.193 -- G:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2981 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 88 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82
(xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180
(xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180
(xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-411S    Mode:ModeSecure
Type:Auto  Speed:Max
 Drive R:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc
replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No

Burning /  Drive D: LITE-ON  DVDRW LDW-411S     Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:40
MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
 Drive R: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8481B    Addr: 3:1:0  Speed:48
MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /
Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

jbholtz

• Recent member
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2005, 04:04:48 pm »

2 cents-

I'd like to second Link's Ripping requests.  As I'm in the middle of re-ripping my collection into "insane" levels, I currently have to make sure that I close the Ripping process each time (So I can get a log of the secure rip, Thanks for the text file).  But it would be nice if this text file automatically went into the dir of the CD that was ripped, instead of having to click close. then insert new CD, click rip again and repeat.  I also like the idea of a prompt with which info YADB retrieves.

benrad

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2005, 05:43:38 pm »

I just went to listen to some music on my Tivo after not having used this feature for a while - it had previously worked flawlessly. 

Check my thread in the TiVo MC Forum, 7.1a. Oh, and I also mentioned it in the post above yours.

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2005, 06:47:54 pm »

Well this version finally transfers .m3u playlists to my iriver 140 but how can you get the song paths in the .m3u file to be written out and with a prefix the player likes?  That is, now is has .\filename.mp3.  The ihp140 just wants a leading or no backslash, plus the path of course, in order to work.

bjk301

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2005, 12:02:27 am »

Hi-

About Theater View...

I was excited to read that there were enhancements in version 11, but I'm not finding the one that I was really iching for.

I've got a PC to TV converter that always powers up in overscan mode. I'd love to see a function added that takes overscanned displays into account--where the various elements in Theater View are positioned in the title safe region.

When I selected a lower resolution for Theater View, I was hoping it wouldn't actually resize my desktop, making it possible to see everything without having to mess with the scan converter.

I don't mind going through the extra steps with the hardware, but I'm trying to configure this living room music server thing so the rest of the family'll be able to use it without much fuss.

Thanks for "listening"

geisiqve

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2005, 04:45:38 pm »

Hi

I have problem with black jpg picture.

I  use a Mini-ITX mpia M10000 motherboard width integrate graphic card (Via/S3G Unichrome IGP Driver versjon 6.14.10.133 Date 06.05.2004)

Ihave serch the form for Black jpg, and fond that sapnho have a similar problem. After I have read all the contributions, special when I read Freds contribution, and I think I self I remember, I have look the picture in my own earlier test. So I have now take a step by step test.

Start with Bios 1.13
Install XPpro with out any sp.
Install installRite 2.5c (A test program for looking the changes in all software)
Install MC11 testing OK
Install Via 4 in 1 drivers v. 4.43 and Graphic drivers v. 16.94.39.14
Test, MC11 OK
Upgrade Bios to v.1.16. Test MC 11 OK
Install all newest drivers for the motherboard. Test, MC11 OK.
I have also a Leadtek WinFast TV2000XP installed. I install all the newest drivers and software for the card.
Test, MC11 OK.
Install XP Sp.2
Test, MC11 before reboot OK
Reboot. Test, MC11 Black picture 
Uninstall XP sp.2 Test, MC11 OK.
Run Windows update and install all security patches before sp1. Test, MC11 OK.
Install XPsp1a. Test, MC11 OK.
Install all windows patsh x. sp2 Test, MC11 OK.

I have also test the MC11 on my HP Compaq NC6000 laptop with XPpro and SP2 included all patch, where MC11 is OK.

So my conclusion is, there are an incompatibility between Media Center  and Windows XPpro w. SP2 installed on a Mini-ITX EPIA boards.

So I hope Jim and Mat can test and find a patch for this problem before finalising of MC11 release, because mini-ITX EPIA board is weary nice to use with Multimedia.   

With sincere regards

Geir

bmustang

• Recent member
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2005, 10:40:30 am »

Problem PlayNow with Smartlist
« on: February 17, 2005, 11:17:49 AM »

In english (translator):         
Here my problem: When I send Smartlist in the PlayNow zone with the scheduler (Line Command: /Play TREEPATH=Playlists \ ListN), my Smartlist which was sorted as I wanted is sorted again in PlayNow on field SEQ and that mixes my music in a random way. I see that Smartlist does not have field SEQ unlike Playlist which once sent in PlayNow preserves the sorting of Playlist. Also, field SEQ in PlayNow cannot be removed... why?? It does not preserve by defect another field sorted "like Artist"... why?? It seems that to solve the problem of Smartlists! one would need that field SEQ is posted by defect, like Playlist. the Use of Smartlist is very interesting for me, then thank you to propose to me is a solution or to envisage an update of MC 11.

In french
Voici mon problème :
Quand j'envoie une Smartlist dans la zone PlayNow avec le scheduler (Command Line: /Play TREEPATH=Playlists\ListN), ma Smartlist qui était trié comme je voulais est trié de nouveau dans PlayNow sur le champ SEQ et cela mélange ma musique de façon aléatoire. Je vois que la Smartlist ne possède pas le champ SEQ au contraire d'une Playlist qui une fois envoyé dans PlayNow conserve le tri de la Playlist.

Aussi, le champ SEQ dans PlayNow ne peut être enlevé... pourquoi?? Il ne conserve pas par défaut un autre champ trié "comme Artist"... pourquoi??

Il semble que pour résoudre le problème des Smartlists! il faudrait que le champ SEQ soit affiché par défaut, comme dans une Playlist.
l'Utilisation de la Smartlist est très intérêssant pour moi, alors merci de me proposer soit une solution ou de prévoir une mise à jour de MC 11.

Merci pour votre attention, Bernard

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2005, 02:04:15 pm »

No new beta-version for a while whazzup?
Pages: [1]   Go Up