INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Line-in Recording problems  (Read 839 times)

computer

• Change this by choosing profile
Line-in Recording problems
« on: February 11, 2005, 04:32:32 am »

I have used MediaJukebox for line-in recording with success for several years. Now that I have Windows XP Version 8 is wiped off the PC screen immediately following  playback of music just recorded using line-in whilst I also get a Windows Error message  I have also downloaded the Plus version but without improvement.  I have also un-installed Media Jukebox and re-downloaded it again but without avail. Can any of you gurus advise me? I am desperate about this problem. Thanks!

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Line-in Recording problems
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 05:49:10 am »

I understand  MediaJukebox is compatible with WIN XP?
yes

Do i need another driver

Don't think so

did you try to un-install completly and then re-install MJ8?
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

jonperry38

Re: Line-in Recording problems
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 07:47:34 am »

I am also having new problems when using Record Sound from Line In. For some weeks I have been recording my LPs using MJ Plus 8.0.400, and no problems. I even upgraded to Media Center on trial and still no worries. Then I had a Pioneer DVD Writer DVR 109 installed, and hey presto the recording stuffed up. When I try to record, a warning comes up that there is too much distortion and that the input volume needs to be reduced. I do that until the warning goes, and then the playback can hardly be heard. I thought I would abandon auto recording but I have just too much to do to go that way. I have tried some other poorer programmes and they have no trouble. I conclude something has conflicted with MJ but I have lost patience. :'(

UPDATE!!! The recording level has started to work again. I have no idea why. It may be connected with me loading on Roxio's Easy Media Creator. I was immediately successful with that programme. So I tried MJ again and amazingly MJ worked like a dream.

By the way, the Sound Recording module on MJ is better than  the one on Easy Media Creator. It allows you to do manual track splitting of LP tracks without a second stage use of a sound editor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up