INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: syncing issues w/.193  (Read 1156 times)

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
syncing issues w/.193
« on: February 15, 2005, 09:19:40 am »

Steve,

Well, I tried .193, this time with the iPod, and had some of the same issues.

I plugged in the iPod. I also got an "initializing devices" dialogue, but it didn't last forever as it had for the Muvo N200. I'm not sure what this is actually doing, but since "initializing" in MC has always meant wiping the device clean, this is a *very* scary dialogue. If it is NOT in fact initializing my device, I would really appreciate the wording being changed.

I went to sync the iPod and the space free calculation was totally screwed up. My settings were no conversion, delete anything that's not selected, sync w/MC. In the end, I was only able to transfer about 5g of songs -- at this point the Sync window said I had 1.2gb free. However, after syncing (and it deleting roughly 40gb of music off my 60gb iPod photo and then adding back 5gb of music) -- when I clicked on the iPod itself in MC, I had 43gb free. (The rest is taken up with photos, calendar, contacts).

I couldn't put more on because whenever I selected one more playlist, the sync module would say "you've got too much selected, remove some of it".

BTW, remember that one song I had that would transfer and then skip? It is still doing that. It bugs the bejesus out of me 'cause it's only this one song and I can't figure out what's different about it.

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
Re: syncing issues w/.193
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 10:36:32 am »

Hmm, well this morning I decided to give it a try again. Nothing's changed -- still .193 and iPod photo. But, it seems to be working perfectly. Recalculating  the space free took a little bit each time I changed playlists (and initially, it was "stuck" -- not recalculated -- until I hit Options), but it worked correctly and now the iPod is being filled up again.

Seems bizarre. I'll try with the Muvo N200 tonight and see if it is still behaving.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: syncing issues w/.193
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 10:49:04 am »

I had just begun to try to figure this out and make suggestions, and then I saw your latest post.

If all is working now, let's leave well enough alone. Don't touch anything :)

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up