INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help With Handheld Player?  (Read 1214 times)

HailHenrik

Help With Handheld Player?
« on: February 21, 2005, 10:13:23 am »

Been using Media Centre with my Ipod for a few weeks and found it great to use, really easy.

Over the weekend i had some bother with playlists through it so went back to Itunes to make a playlist, done that and the next day i tried to use the Ipod with Media Centre but everytime i plug in the Ipod and click 'Handheld Player' i get an error saying Media Centre has to close and it does so.

Tried reinstalling the program a few times but the same problem occurs.

Anyone able to help?

Cheers

HailHenrik

Re: Help With Handheld Player?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 07:06:56 am »

Yup, am indeed, used the name siince i've been on the net so still using it more out of habit than anything else since he's gone! :-\ ;D

Noone come across this error then? :(

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 02:39:12 pm »

Hail,

Alternating iPod between iTunes and MC is not flawless. When you ran with iTunes, your iTunesDB got formatted in a way that MC cannot recognize. This sometimes works and sometimes does not depending on what iPod you use and what you do.

The fix is to delete your iTunesDB file from iPod. Browse to your iPod in Windows Explorer and then search for that file.

When you do this, you will be able to access iPod from MC, but MC will not be aware of the files on iPod. Right click and select 'Rebuild database from iPod' and then MC will recognize the files but you will have no playlists. Resync and you should be OK. If all goes south, reinitialize your iPod from within MC (you will lose the files on iPod) and resync.

Steve

HailHenrik

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 01:54:59 pm »

That's it working again now. 8)

Thanks very much for the help! ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up