INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC will not recognize Ipod  (Read 1221 times)

kessbroker

• Recent member
MC will not recognize Ipod
« on: February 24, 2005, 10:40:01 am »

I'm having a similar problem to one Sixrivers had some time back:

Media Center is crashing each time I connect my iPOD.    I was using the most current version of Media Center (10.0.173).  When I click the devices icon, it shows an "F" drive, so it "sees" an ipod.  When I click the ipod icone, I get an error:  Media Core has encountered a problem...

I tried upgrading to the latest 11 beta and have the same problem.  It asked if I wanted to recognize the extra drive as an IPOD, then the same message appeared.

I recently received a new 3G ipod b/c my battery died and it was still under warranty.  When I upgraded the software, I had to reinstall Itunes.  I subsequently uninstalled Itunes, and I'm wondering if that messed anything up?  When I tried to eject my ipod from itunes it said that it couldn't because the drive was in use by another application, but I could eject it directly from windows.  MC was not open at the time.  I went into msconfig and disabled anything that started with itunes....

Any ideas?  Is it possible that Itunes wrote something in a registry file somewhere that is causing this?  or maybe since it would not eject from itunes MC still thinks its connected there?  I can post the exact error tonight when I get home if that will help.

Thanks. -dmk

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC will not recognize Ipod
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 05:31:02 pm »

dmk,

Your iTunes database ( iTunesDB)  is corrupted.  Using Explorer, browse on your iPod drive and find the file iTunesDB. Delete the file.  When you connect with MC, MC will not be aware of any of the files on your iPod. Either reinitialize your iPod and start over, or right click and select 'Rebuild iTunes Database' after which you will have your files but not your playlists. To get your playlists back, resync.

Steve

kessbroker

• Recent member
Re: MC will not recognize Ipod
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 08:14:19 pm »

Worked like a charm.  THANKS Steve!   ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up