INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.198 Beta Available  (Read 2564 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.198 Beta Available
« on: February 24, 2005, 04:54:05 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110198.exe

Recent Changes

11.0.198 (2/24/05)

1. Fixed: Playlists SDK access would not show smartlists.
2. Fixed: Queued CD files would not show up properly until "Show files in subfolders" was selected.
3. Fixed: Renaming / deleting data burn folders could cause a crash in some cases.
4. Fixed: File deletions from Portables would not always delete correctly.
5. Fixed: MC would not create iRiver 140 playlists with the correct path.
6. Fixed: Mass Storage type device track deletion would not always be reflected correctly in the view.
7. Fixed: Occasional substantial delays after synchronization to portables.
8. Fixed: Message regarding 'Files already on Portable will be removed from queue" will occur only once per session unless directed to not show again ever.
9. Fixed: TV would lock up in previous build.
10. Fixed: Portable Progress AW 'Cancel' could overwrite other parts of window.
11. Fixed: Delete / Shift+Delete to delete images while watching a slideshow was not functioning.
12. Fixed: Import / Synchronize of the database would remove CUE file entries as if they were broken links.
13. NEW: Added new debug logging configuration dialog -- access in Help menu.

11.0.196 (2/18/05)

1. Fixed: TV sound synchronization or no sound problem with WinTV PVR 250/350 devices.
2. Fixed: Switching channel during time-shifting would cause sound to be lost with WinTV PVR 250/350 devices.
3. New: Added option to choose between "WaveOut" and "DirectSound" audio renderers for analog TV devices that require an audio renderer.
4. Changed: Portable Avaialable Space will reflect deleted files when files are queued.
5. Fixed: Reset TV Settings did not do a complete resetting in recent builds.
6. Changed: Added improved error checking to custom install destination folder, so MC can't be installed to root or windows folder.
7. New: One can choose to sort TV channels by either channel number or station name.
8. Changed: Disconnects of Portables will delete the plugin connection. This should fix the situation where two iPods are switching on one PC.
9. Fixed: Installed service plugins would not show up in the tree.
10. Fixed: Visualization Studio would not function properly on Win9x.
11. Changed: Tuned OSD coloring and sizing.
12. Changed: Display bars only appear when mouse movement occurs inside the display window.
13. Changed: Recursive display of data CD files disabled each start of MC for performance reasons. (can be enabled by clicking "Show files in subfolders" in view header)
14. Fixed: After showing some dialogs, MC wouldn't accept some keyboard shortcuts until explicitly giving a new window the focus.
15. Fixed: Playlists SDK access would not show all playlists in some cases.
16. Changed: Removed obsolete Tools > Advanced Tools > Media Server option. (Media Server is now an internal plugin)
17. Changed: Builds now digitally signed by JRiver.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Animated Direct3D file browsing
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
Support for ATI HDTV card
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 11.0.198 Beta Available
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 05:36:00 pm »

Looks like the log file is now messed up.
It is creating C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Application Data\J River\log.txt  which is jibberish when you open it.
It is no longer writing to C:\Documents and Settings\Every\Application Data\J River\Media Center 11\Logs\Media Center Log.txt

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 05:41:10 pm »

Looks like the log file is now messed up.
It is creating C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Application Data\J River\log.txt  which is jibberish when you open it.
It is no longer writing to C:\Documents and Settings\Every\Application Data\J River\Media Center 11\Logs\Media Center Log.txt

The location did change, and we're now writing Unicode (UTF-16) instead of ASCII.  What editor are you using to open it, and what OS are you on?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 05:42:41 pm »

I'm running XP Pro with SP2.
It is opening in wordpad by default

edit...
I'm partial to wordperfect which is able to open it as a wordperfect 4.2 file and it then looks fine.
MS Word can't handle it

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 01:04:09 am »

- When starting MC in Playing now, it always shows the list starting from song 4 and doesn't jump to the song that's currently playing. When clicking on something else and then again on playing now, it works fine.

- When editing a smartlist, when finished and clicking on another smartlist, before it asks to save it, it comes up with a right click context menu.
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 01:24:31 am »

*CUE FILE ISSUES*

- MC complains it can't tag CUE tracks when update tags on file changes is ticked. It is preferrable that it not complain about this like with WAV or video files.

- If fix or remove broken links is ticked in the Import/Update dialog,  *ALL* previously imported CUE tracks are LOST !!! (thanks for this)

- If an album with imported+analysed CUE tracks is moved (within MC) after import MC loses the address of those imported CUE tracks. The big file the CUE tracks are associated with is not lost.    

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2005, 01:25:47 am »

Back navigation shortcuts (backspace, Alt-Left, etc.) lead you to the previous display but at the top of it instead of at the very point you were at. This happens with Library Browser too.

(This bug was present in version 196... since I do not see it in the fix list for .198 I just put it here as a reminder).

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005, 02:44:52 am »

Fixed: Playlists SDK access would not show smartlists.

that works ok now (also in NetRemote),

thanks,

Marcel

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2005, 03:07:46 am »

Two problems and one question here:

1)
When I open a playlist this list appears in the right pane. That pane is divided in two in version 11: playlist info up and playlist-listing down. So far so good. However when I open it the first three titles of my playlist are always hidden - the first one that I see in the lower section is no. 4. I have to scroll up to see the first item.

2)
How can I adjust the behaviour of this view? As far as I can see it only shows a dozen or two of the covers that are in the playlist that's opened.

3)
When I start playing a song from the internet MC plays it, but when this song is done MC continues playing the first song of Playing Now, even when i.e. the second song was paused before I started that internet-song.
In my opinion the only thing MC has got to do is playing that internet-song and then return to the state MC was in before playing that song.
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios
Pages: [1]   Go Up