INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unify iPod sync options...  (Read 1330 times)

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...
Unify iPod sync options...
« on: February 26, 2005, 07:07:30 am »

Right now I seem to be able to reach 3 completely different dialogs, all to do with syncing the iPod.

One is by clicking on Handheld Player in the Action Window, this leads to the drop target with a big "Synchronize" button. This "Synchronize" button does not take you to the Synchronize dialog, it seems to do the same thing as the "Transfer" button in the next dialog...

You right-click on the iPod, and have a series of options related to volume adjustment, etc. Selecting Synchronize brings up a dialog allowing you to choose playlists, etc.

and finally...

Within the iPod synchronize dialog, is an options menu which leads to a series of parameters, independent of the ones available from the right-click menu.

Would it not make sense to have a *single* dialog for all things iPod related? Moreover, this dialog should clearly show the status of *all* selected options - including the Replay Gain/Volume Adjustment.

Also, be more careful with how you use "Synchronize", "Transfer", etc, they should mean the same thing everytime they are used.

As mentioned before, I pay attention to these things because my friends are not native English speakers, and hence get easily confused by such inconsistency.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Unify iPod sync options...
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 12:23:18 pm »

Good suggestions all.  I will explore them when there is time.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up