INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Downloads, but no install??  (Read 7297 times)

GaryC

Downloads, but no install??
« on: March 06, 2005, 10:47:02 pm »

Hi,
I've been using JRiver's products since version 7, and have always been very happy with them.

Now I have a problem.  I had a serious system malfunction that resulted in my having to reformat and reinstall Windows XP Pro on my system.  I've got it on, and I have Media Center 10 saved.  I can start it, the Install progress indicator comes up, but then that closes, and nothing else ever happens.

I've downloaded from this site, both in Netscape and IE, and the same thing happens.  I even have the icon on my desktop that says it downloaded, but it won't install.

I've shut down, rebooted, and it still won't install.

Any ideas?

Gary

starfish_001

Re: Downloads, but no install??
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 04:06:22 am »

Hi,

This has happened for me in the past. If you have webwasher installed close it and that should fix.

If not it is very likely that a resident program is causing the installer to exit.

So close open programs. This might mean using the task manager.

GaryC

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 08:51:42 am »

Okay,
You aren't going to believe this.  It wasn't any of the programs I had running, it was Windows itself!  On most of my computers, I've switched to the 'Classic Theme' and Classic View for my start menu.  I didn't on this one.

I switched, just to quiet that little nagging voice in the back of my head, and it installed perfectly.

Go figure.  I have no idea why it did that.

Gary

RavenDave

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 01:18:37 pm »

No matter what I do, the latest version MC 25 - or MC 24 never appears on my desktop - or anywhere else for that matter.  I have installed it over and over, tried to put the KEY into older versions, whatever I try - nothing works. 

I never have enough time for anything that ever occurs like this, so I ALWAYS have a tendency to just close everything and forget the situation and move on.   But this time - I have a show coming up and need to get this on my laptops before I leave.  I know I won't have time once I get to Florida.

I have given up so many times over the last few months, but this time I am trying something new....   the forum.  CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?   dave@ravenaudio.com

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 02:57:33 pm »

No matter what I do, the latest version MC 25 - or MC 24 never appears on my desktop - or anywhere else for that matter.  I have installed it over and over, tried to put the KEY into older versions, whatever I try - nothing works. 

I never have enough time for anything that ever occurs like this, so I ALWAYS have a tendency to just close everything and forget the situation and move on.   But this time - I have a show coming up and need to get this on my laptops before I leave.  I know I won't have time once I get to Florida.

I have given up so many times over the last few months, but this time I am trying something new....   the forum.  CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?   dave@ravenaudio.com

Please try posting in the MC24 forum. My guess is that this is an antivirus problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up