INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipod shuffle/photo/whatever  (Read 1534 times)

prod

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Play nice
ipod shuffle/photo/whatever
« on: March 11, 2005, 04:51:51 am »

possibly i'm alone on this, but i feel support for these devices is a tad more important than some believe. other media software are now supporting the shuffle et al yet MC doesn't and there doesn't seem to be any movement in that direction.

the reasons i first installed and checked out MC were because it supported my first ipod and came recommended - otherwise i wouldn't have given it a second look. only since then i've found how vastly superior it is to other media players such as itunes. i'm sure many people like myself will not give MC a second look until it supports their preferred portable device. i understand that there is a lot of programming effort going into MC11, but i'm a little surprised that even MC10 doesn't support at least the shuffle, given how popular it's proving to be.

i've been stuck using itunes (in parallel with MC) now since december (since i got a ipod photo) and maybe my frustration with itunes is starting to show a little since i was given a shuffle as a gift (meaning i have to use itunes infinitely more than i'd like to).

is there ANY chance that we can get some kind of realistic timeline or even just an indication of how you MC guys have prioritised/are prioritising/will prioritise these portable device support issues?

thanx.

SteveG

Re: ipod shuffle/photo/whatever
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 12:18:09 pm »

Not sure. iPod is a priority. So are other projects that do not include iPod which have been a recent focus. This is shifting again now.This is coming sooner rather than later.

Steve

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 12:32:03 pm »

thanks steve, exactly the reassuring tone i needed.

Mysticeti

• World Citizen
  • music, SCUBA, movies, VR, multimedia, PCs
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 08:13:48 am »

MC 11 supports the iPod Shuffle, doesn't it?
"And the men who hold high places. Must be the ones who start... to mold a new reality. Closer to the Heart."

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 09:28:05 am »

No.

Not at this time, but it will be added.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up