INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Palmone Tungsten Support  (Read 1294 times)

jolo

• World Citizen
Palmone Tungsten Support
« on: March 15, 2005, 11:33:23 pm »

::) I have a Palmone Tungsten T3 with a 1GB flah SD card.

I would like to know if MC 11 has a way to support, meaning moving .oog or .mpe files to it that I select.

Right now I am using the best and simplest software I have seen for the Palmone's in a long time.  It is called Sofstick Palm Export. Cost me I think about $13. I launch the application, click on connect, hear my PC "beep", then I have a G drive which is my 1GB flash card and just drag and drop, or reorganize the card, like it is a disk drive. No drivers on the PC needed, it is very fast and it works everytime as long as I am linked. I don't use my USB card reader/writer anymore for my Palmone. 

But if I can stay in MC, I would, then MC could keep track of my music for me.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Palmone Tungsten Support
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 11:19:06 am »

jolo,

Does MC recognize the device? Does WMP? Does Windows Explorer see it as a drive?

Steve

jblee

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 02:51:06 pm »

I am using the same combination of products (Tungsten and Softick Card Export).  I also use PockeTunes as the music player

MC10 and MC11 will recognize the Tungsten as a drive and move music to it.  It shows up as "Card Export" in the drive list.   However, MC does not seem to handle moving a playlist to the Tungsten.   I have the same issue with synch'ing with my Rio Cali.   MC does not seem to support moving playlists to that device either.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 01:57:59 pm »

It appears that these devices do not appear as drives to your PC. MC appears to see the device as a WMDM device. You can verify this by using WMP and you should see the device in the same way. In both applications you will be unable to send playlists because playlists are not a part of WMDM 9. We are about to release a WMDM 10 solution in beta which will handle playlists if your device supports them.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up