INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod Support Broken in MC11?  (Read 1240 times)

pank2002

• Citizen of the Universe
iPod Support Broken in MC11?
« on: March 29, 2005, 08:04:17 am »

Hey Steve,
Here's my tragic iPod-MC story. It's the same every time. It started at some point in MC11.

So every time, and that is every time, I try to sync the ipod (I don't do this very often) MC can't recognize what it have done previously. Fx, I wanted to add some new albums today, and MC can't read the DB probably or something. At least it says there's -7,9 MB available after sync with NO playlist selected.

The only thing there's to do about it is to initialize the darn thing in reupload the whole content (and that takes quite some time.)

When I have initialized it (with MC), MC won't notice it has been reinitialized before MC has been restarted. That's a double-bummer.

I hope you guys will either remove the iPod support from the front-page before releasing MC11 OR get the plugin together. I hope for the last.

Thanks in advance,
Rasmus

BTW: I won't be able to use this iPod any more. I will of course be happy to answer question but I can't do anything to concrete till I get it back in a couple of weeks. I have made a copy of iTunes.db.

iPod: 3rd generation w/1.1
MC:Media Center Registered 11.0.225 -- C:\Programmer\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 1102 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 78 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive G: LITE-ON LTR-48125W        Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive G: LITE-ON  LTR-48125W         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

lOth

Re: iPod Support Broken in MC11?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 08:32:57 am »

At least it says there's -7,9 MB available after sync with NO playlist selected.

What does it say in the bottom bar when you select your iPod in the "Drives and devices" section of the navigation tree?

pank2002

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 08:48:27 am »

2000 and something files. It is filled up, however notice the small detail no playlist are selected to be synchronized -- in other words, the files are to be removed. As I understand it MC can't read the db it has written itself.

On a side note, some files didn't get uploaded. These were wave. The files did get uploaded in ephPod. EphPod is significantly faster than MC at uploading (with a couple of mb/s. I think from ~5 to ~7.)

-Rasmus

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 04:23:05 pm »

Rasmus,

Can you get 230 and update any issues you may still have?

Steve

pank2002

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 05:57:14 pm »

Steve,

Unfortunately not, as I don't have it any more. I'll be checking when I get my new one though.

How's the Photo support coming along :D Can I use iTunes for pictures and MC for music? Do you know of any other programs but iTunes which support photo features for the time being? I really hate iTunes.

Cheers,
Rasmus

edit: BTW, thanks for your hard work!
Pages: [1]   Go Up