INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT: www.orb.com right idea for MC  (Read 2159 times)

jantypas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
OT: www.orb.com right idea for MC
« on: March 29, 2005, 04:43:42 pm »

Recently, I posted a request for mini-library client.  I needed a way to listen to MC when I couldn't install it.  A USB key based product would be nice, a web based system, even better.

Orb may have it (www.orb.com).  Now, if anyone could do something like this for MC11... something where I could launch a micro-client or install a web plug in. 

Robert Taylor

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living in a Smokeless Zone...
Re: www.orb.com right idea for MC
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 12:28:16 am »

Orb looks like it needs certain network ports open as well....so if you're behind a firewall you don't control you're cactus...
Cheers
Rob

cascius

• Galactic Citizen
Re: www.orb.com right idea for MC
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 09:42:02 am »

Yes Lunchmeatvoom. Orb does require some ports to be opened if behind a firewall. We might be able to fix that though. I'll keep you posted.

RobOK

• Citizen of the Universe
  • long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
Re: OT: www.orb.com right idea for MC
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 10:09:27 am »

Recently, I posted a request for mini-library client.  I needed a way to listen to MC when I couldn't install it.  A USB key based product would be nice, a web based system, even better.

Where did you post it?  I posted something similar:

A thin client for connecting from away from home.  Basically connecting and playback with very light footprint.  Think foobar2000 with the ability to connect and play from a MC server.

I think it would be a great idea, but would have to be firewall friendly.  For me, one idea is, just connect to MC, read only the playlists, and then select a playlist to play.  I think it could be a foobar2000 add-in really, I don't know how to create plugins but they seem pretty easy based on what I read.

eclipxe

Re: OT: www.orb.com right idea for MC
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 03:52:58 am »

I am the lead developer at M2Stream (www.m2stream.com)- it's a server that lets you stream and browse your music on your phone (mainly Sprint for the fast and unlimited data).

I'm also an active Media Center user and have been considering making a plugin for MC to stream to M2Audio...

If there is any interest for this, let me know!

-Chris
http://www.m2stream.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up