INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Channel Changing  (Read 1550 times)

icepick

• Recent member
TV Channel Changing
« on: April 19, 2005, 03:00:26 pm »

Hello all:

I have been enjoying MC 11 for a couple of weeks now, I'm so glad to see them support HDTV Wonder, as I seriously hate ATI software.  Changing channels between HDTV and the Analog tuner is kind of a nifty Idea.  After working with it for awhile, I've noticed that I cant send numbers to the full screen view, and have the channel change to a station of my choosing, I have to channel up or channel down (pretty combersome) to get to the channel I want.

For the awesome programing staff, Can you get the TV view to accept numbers?  Which brings me to my second thought.

Channel numbers are set differently for HDTV (9-1,9-2,etc) - so It may be more practical to allow the user to choose the input device.  So on HDTV, if I want channel 9-2, I press 92 on the remote.  If I have an analog channel of 92 - MC would be confused on what channel I wanted.  Allowing the user to choose what input device he/she wanted would allow more precise control of the TV.

Just my 2 cents and my suggestion.

IcePick

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: TV Channel Changing
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 03:03:35 pm »

Try Theater View's "Playing Now" view.  You can see that channel list and the channel at the same time.  It's easy to read from 10 feet away and works well with a remote.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

icepick

• Recent member
Re: TV Channel Changing
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 03:25:25 pm »

I seen that option, although it's sufficent, I still have to press page down a couple time to get from channel 2 to channel 72. vs. the 2 strokes on the remote control for channel 72.  I think that view is valueable, but not effecient.

Thanks!

IcePick
Pages: [1]   Go Up