INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Audible.com files in the iPod  (Read 1081 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
Using Audible.com files in the iPod
« on: April 23, 2005, 01:07:16 pm »

I had previously downloaded 3 audiobooks and have the actual files stored on the iPod, and the MC library points to them there, and they work just fine.

Then MC integrated the audible store into MC.  This seems nice, but it doesn't recognize the files I have already downloaded.  I see that it is looking for a content distributor of audible to put those files in the audible playlists and downloaded files, etc.

I suppose I don't really need this integration, but I'm anal retentive, and just like things to work they way they are designed.  I had asked once before if there was a way to trick MC into recognizing my files as audible, but never got an answer.  So i downloaded the files again.

Now I can see that they are in MC, and integrated properly, but they don't play.  It tells me that this computer is not registered to play audible content.  I have tried to unassociate the .aa extension from my MC options, but still no luck.  I closed MC and re-opened and see that this extension selection is once again showing as registered with MC.  I opened the store from within MC and chose to simply stream the files, hoping this would 'authorize' my computer here to play the files, but it opened the file in Windows Media.  i double checked and MC is set to play these file types, but it doesn't.

Anyone have any ideas?
pretend this is something funny

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
Re: Using Audible.com files in the iPod
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 02:09:41 pm »

Okay, I contacted audible and I had already had 3 computers authorized, so they unauthorized all of them.

Now how do I authorize this one without downloading audible manager?

Also, on a slightly different note, I changed the stock naming for the sudible smartlist and now it just shows 'playlist' listed under audible in the tree, and I can't do anything with it.  I can't add a different playlist, or change the parameters of the 'playlist' shown under audible.  I can't delete it either.  If I add a smartlist under audible, it just shows up under the regular tree of playlists, where I already have the same smartlist.  It's as if the 'playlist' under audible is just linking to one in the normal tree, which is fine, but how do I change the association to the right smartlist?

Any ideas how to get this working properly?
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up