INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Mode Selection  (Read 1697 times)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Audio Mode Selection
« on: May 02, 2005, 07:16:13 am »

How the "Enable Audio Mode Selection" option is intended to work? It has no effect with my Hercules Smart TV Stereo card (WDM drivers, European Nicam stereo, standard Brooktree circuit, Philips tuner). I must always run a separate Hercules utility for correcting the sound. Otherwise the audio is distorted and too quiet (the channels are out of phase and mono).   (MC 11.0.252)

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Audio Mode Selection
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 01:09:49 pm »

Alex,

Unfortunately, this area is quite device dependent. Different device drivers seem to implement it differently. And they keep changing. I had been trying to shoot at some moving targets for a while. That is why the Help file has been saying "if you have problems with it you may have to disable this option".  At one point I just made sure that it worked with ATI devices.

The option uses IAMTVAudio interface to select audio mode. Ideally you should be able to select among Stereo, Mono, SAP, or Both. "Both" means both main language and second audio program.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Audio Mode Selection
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 01:37:40 pm »

Alex,

I see from your screenshots that you do have a "TV Audio" item on "Advanced Properties" page. Have you tried using that? It should accomplish the functionality similar to "Enable Audio Mode Selection", and is offered through native property page of the driver. Maybe that will work better.

Yaobing
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up