INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPOD Recognition/Initilization  (Read 1047 times)

druptight

• Recent member
IPOD Recognition/Initilization
« on: May 04, 2005, 09:18:02 pm »

Alright, trying to make the switch from Itunes but having some problems, I've brought over all my music and fixed all the tags so that they're as i wish, and had no problems with the program.  I'm running v10.0.173. Now I try to work the Ipod, and here's how things go down:

1. Open media center, no problems.
2. I plug in Ipod, and windows takes a second, recognizes it, then subsequently, MC seems to recognize it, and handheld thing pops up in lower left corner.
3. I click on handheld device and get this message: "MJ INIT NOT DETECTED" in title, then says in body: "Your ipod is not initialized for media center.  Please right click on your drive letter and click initialize"
4. Click OK, no problems.
5. Click on Drives and Devices on Tree on left hand side, the following show up:
       Compact Disc
       G:
       My Computer
       TV Tuner
6. Next i attempt to click on G: in any fashion, right or left click, and i get the following message: "Media Core has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I've tried this multiple times, i've restarted the program as well as the computer.  I've disconnected and reconnected the ipod.  Nothing seems to keep this message from showing up.  I also renamed the ipod to simply "ipod" in the my computer area.  Nothing seems to change it.   I've already deleted itunes, so no problem there.  I close all other apps also.  Please help!!!

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: IPOD Recognition/Initilization
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 02:28:30 pm »

Try deleting the iTunesDB file from your iPod using Explorer (it is in the \iPod_Control\iTunes folder) If you do this, MC will not recognize any of your files so then do the reinitialize to remove everything and start clean.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up