INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.261 Release Candidate  (Read 10131 times)

Pink Waters

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Finally I understand the feelings of the few
Re: Media Center 11.0.261 Release Candidate
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2005, 02:11:29 pm »

cd look up also is not working properly when changing search site and clicking search
Tamer

Pink Waters

« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2005, 02:23:42 pm »

MC menu lists and right click lists sometimes when show up a little bit dark in color and when hovering mouse on it, it come back to default color
Tamer

Pink Waters

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2005, 03:12:43 pm »

LisaCRT,
It works find for me... maybe you have something wrong!
Tamer

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2005, 03:28:43 pm »

When importing by drap and drop, MC loses focus at the end of import and windows refocuses the application being dragged from (ex. Explorer).
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
Re: Problems with 11.0.261, UPNP server, Roku Soundbridge
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2005, 03:34:04 pm »

1. Automatic recognition is spotty... sometimes it works, but sometimes a lot of error gibberish appears on the uPNP log.  Manually specifying the player does seem to work pretty consistently now, but there are a lot of NOTIFY messages.

2. Transcoding from anything to WAV results in the Roku stating that the file fomat isn't playable

3. Whenever I stop and then restart the MC uPNP server, the Soundbridge can no longer connect unless I reboot it. 

Thanks - I updated the auto recognition. There's an option to get rid of the notify messages. I fixed the WAV problem.
I'm working on the restart problem - the Roku is not listening to my shutdown messages. This might take a while...

j

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2005, 03:36:18 pm »

I second the point about the UPnP server - something similar happens with the MP101 as well.

I'd been doing some testing the other day, and stopping and restarting the UPnP server meant that I had to go through the whole process again of finding the server; there must be some kind of identifier that changes each time, as other UPnP servers don't cause this behaviour...

Hi Rob,

One difference is that the MC UPnP Server chooses a port at random, and I think most others use a fixed port.
Choosing a port at random avoids configuration hassles. Note that the Roku is ignoring my shutdown messages, so there may be a problem with other devices ignoring them as well. I'm checking into this.

j

John Gateley

• Nice haircut

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2005, 03:58:19 pm »

Can you double check? They looked fixed to me.

On my PC they are exactly like the pictures I posted in the 255 thread. Only the OGG Vorbis title is corrected.

This time I didn't clean all traces of MC from my W2K pc before reinstalling, like I did when I reported about this bug for the first time in the 228 thread.

Do you have any idea why this shows up only on W2K? Did you do try to fix it after 255?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2005, 04:17:08 pm »

2. Library Server conversions. (+ If WMA lossless is selected the client display shows 128 kbps.)

I'm working on these.

j

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2005, 04:35:07 pm »

On my PC they are exactly like the pictures I posted in the 255 thread. Only the OGG Vorbis title is corrected.

This time I didn't clean all traces of MC from my W2K pc before reinstalling, like I did when I reported about this bug for the first time in the 228 thread.

Do you have any idea why this shows up only on W2K? Did you do try to fix it after 255?

Sorry - misread your post. Fixed in next build...

j
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up