INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help converting M4a to MP3  (Read 824 times)

dangiles

• Recent member
Help converting M4a to MP3
« on: May 12, 2005, 02:07:08 am »

???I am wanting to analyze all my audio and it appears i cannot do this without converting to MP3. I am having issues converting the M4a format to MP3. Are there any plug ins that will leave all my tag information in place after changing the file format? Any help muchly appreciated.
 Thanks

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Help converting M4a to MP3
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 02:49:31 am »

You cannot convert them with MC because it uses the external QuickTime codec for decoding the files. I had a few m4a files that I wanted to include in my MC library and make them fully functional. I converted them to Monkey's Audio format (APE) with dBpowerAMP Music Converter. It preserved the file tags.

I selected the lossless APE format because converting from a lossy format to another lossy format always decreases the audio quality a step more. APE files are bigger, but that didn't matter in this case.

If you need to convert them to MP3 you should use the highest possible bitrate (VBR extreme or CBR 320 kbps) if you like to experience minimal further quality loss.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up