INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.269 Release Candidate  (Read 4634 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.269 Release Candidate
« on: May 16, 2005, 05:32:56 pm »

We're just about ready to release Media Center 11.0.  We appreciate your bug reports.  PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311  Please post bugs you're sure about here.  Post anything else in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0. 

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110269.exe

11.0.269 (5/16/05)

1. Changed: Increased multimedia key anti-repeat time (more) for systems that fire media keys multiple ways.
2. Fixed: After exiting some modeless dialogs, MC could have an error.
3. Changed: Reworked layout of Action Window sync page.
4. Fixed: Audible file transfer to iPod.
5. Fixed: Some portable devices could have mistakenly opened two Action Windows on connection.

11.0.268 (5/16/05)

1. Changed: Increased multimedia key anti-repeat time for systems that fire media keys multiple ways.
2. Fixed: Media Center could fail to install on some systems.
3. Changed: MJExtman.exe replaced with "Media Center 11 Launcher.exe" in the system directory.
4. Fixed: Real Audio playback would not work properly with some version of Real installed.
5. Changed: The default width of the sequence column would not have enough space for numbers in the thousands.
6. Fixed: When a Mini View skin failed to load, the error messages could show an incorrect product name.
7. Fixed: With sample rate conversion enabled, playback could stutter in some cases and use more CPU than expected.
8. Fixed: Information messages boxes could popup behind Media Center in some cases.
9. NEW: Added support for .dng and .srf files.

11.0.266 (5/13/05)

1. Fixed: Send To > Add / Edit Programs... would not properly show the path in the configure dialog.
2. Changed: More refinements to multimedia key handler -- should work with Intellitype 5.x, iTouch 2.x, ATI remotes, and Windows without extra software.
3. Fixed: Audio and video streams were competing for resources in TV Timeshifting.
4. Fixed: TV could not import recorded video (due to new location of mjextman.exe).
5. Fixed: When starting a playlist of images and audio, double-clicking an image could cause a "failed to play" error.
6. Changed: Mixed playback (audio + image) will only automatically start on play when double-clicking inside a playlist of mixed types. (not a My Computer view of mixed types, etc.)
7. Changed: Stopping playback will clear the mixed playback image list.
8. Changed: Dragging over the tree and trying to move to the edge to scroll could scroll too quickly on a fast machine.
9. Fixed: Action Window > Image could flicker when switching tracks or navigating around MC.
10. Fixed: When viewing some Action Window pages and right-clicking on files that weren't selected, the Action Window update could kill the right-click menu.
11. Fixed: Etched lines at the bottom of some dialogs would not always draw consistently.
12. Fixed: Some dialogs with images on them would not redraw correctly.
13. Changed: When transferring files to a portable device, the Date Modified will remain as it was on the file before transfer.
14. Fixed: Handheld Options->Help now linked to a help page.
15. Fixed: During sync to portable, playlist name could be cutoff in the information box.

11.0.265 (5/12/05)

1. Changed: MC handles multimedia volume / mute keys when possible. (then works with internal volume and more keyboards)
2. Fixed: MC would not catch multimedia keys when not in Standard View with some remotes and keyboards.
3. Changed: Improved ATI Remote Wonder compatibility. (program still needs to be in the foreground due to ATI's architecture)
4. Changed: Tooltips do a better job of not going off the screen on small displays.
5. Fixed: Edit controls in a few places (view headers, etc.) could be incorrectly colored. (introduced in 264)
6. Changed: Library browser works better with large font selections.
7. Changed: Media Center displays a warning when choosing an oversized font that some items may not look as nice.
8. Fixed: Folder browsing on Windows 9x would show a partially obscured status text line.
9. Changed: Added an anti-repeat to the multimedia key handler.
10. Changed: Escaped search characters would not be unescaped when showing "friendly" text in the search box. (so you'd see "Artist: AC//DC" instead of "Artist: AC/DC")
11. Fixed: When switching between from G-Force to Cover Art, the art could fail to show in some cases. (hopefully fixed -- please let us know)
12. Fixed: When playing movies (DirectX player), the fullscreen bars would not redraw properly when switching videos.
13. Fixed: Some list icons could look slightly fuzzy.
14. Fixed: Pressing the "Play" button in a view header could cause a crash if the play automatically switched views.
15. NEW: Added support for RAW images (crw,cr2,nef,mrw,orf,raf,pef).
16. Fixed: Import could crash when "Retrieve album art" was selected. (introduced with new import system in 264)
17. Fixed: The installer was having trouble replacing some 'in use' files from previous installations.
18. Changed: CD write speed selection now has a "Max" option to always select the maximum write speed.
19. Fixed: The available CD/DVD writing speeds did not dynamically reflect media changes with different speed capabilities.
20. Changed: iPod filenames will be acceptable up until exactly 50 characters.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
UPnP device support
Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)
Sony PSP support
iPod -- Support for multiple iPods with different profiles
New file format -- Shockwave (SWF)
RAW image support (crw,cr2,nef,mrw,orf,raf,pef,dng,srf)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jgreen

Re: Media Center 11.0.269 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 05:52:19 pm »

MS Multimedia Keyboard/Intellitype v5.2/win2ksp4

Issue with repeated next track commands appears resolved in 11.0.269.  Thanks, guys--clearly a lot of hard work involved!

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 06:20:04 pm »

I am just finished downloading this build and tested it with my handheld.

MC recognizes the memory sections of it perfectly, and i loved the feature when i first connected my handheld without the additional MMC card and then MC detected it and then I plugged in the MMC card and MC automatically detected it, and that was awesome.

Anyway I made a few tests and i noticed thoes bugs while dealing with MC & my handheld:

• MC does not open AW handheld section or Sync window when I connect the additional second memory MMC card.
  • When removing my MMC card MC does not update  handheld info in the tree or action window.
  • when i remove MMC card and then reconnect it again, MC brings me to the root of Device and drives view!.
  • Options and show files AW handled shortcut not avialable except through the AW Options icon.
  • MC takes a long time to retrieve my handheld storage devices files information.
  • I noticed that MC behaves very slowly while my handheld is connected.
Tamer

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 07:45:54 pm »

3. Changed: MJExtman.exe replaced with "Media Center 11 Launcher.exe" in the system directory.
4. Fixed: Real Audio playback would not work properly with some version of Real installed.

I assume that these two things were done simultaneously.  One favor though, could we get the EXE in the SystemRoot to have no spaces in it's name?  Friendlyness with scripting...

(I know, I can escape out the spaces, but why is the name with Spaces better than "Media_Center_11_Launcher.exe" or "MC11Launcher.exe"?)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
  • I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 08:03:13 pm »

I'm not sure if this is a problem with the 269 version because my last was 263, I've never had an error with the earlier version, whenever I try to watch a video file I get an error message that says:

"Windows Media Error:
A Security Upgrade is required to perform the operation on this media file."

Then if you say okay you I'm presented with another box that says:

"Media Center entoured errors while trying to play the last several files.  Direct Show unknown streaming error: 0xc00d2728
Please make sure the path in your library points to the right location."

The files are oin my drive and are not being streamed.

System Information:

Media Center Registered 11.0.269 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1292 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 45 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive F: LITE-ON  DVD+RW LDW-401S    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 09:25:47 pm »

I assume that these two things were done simultaneously.  One favor though, could we get the EXE in the SystemRoot to have no spaces in it's name?  Friendlyness with scripting...

(I know, I can escape out the spaces, but why is the name with Spaces better than "Media_Center_11_Launcher.exe" or "MC11Launcher.exe"?)

Sorry, you'll have to make a batch file with a custom name that calls the launcher.  We're glad the days of 8.3 filenames are past.

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 03:00:11 am »

Play/Pause and (now also) Next/Previous are still executed twice on my MS Natural Keyboard Pro. I don't think that this is releated to the key repeat time because it even happens if I press the key shortly. My multimedia keys worked without problems until some builds ago.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 04:05:04 am »

If an audio CD is inserted and the Play Button is above left clicked starts the CD with TRACK 1 or the correct title marked is however if man in in these Playlist info. on play clicks starts always the Track 2

If you see track 10 is marked and track 2 is played

Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 05:51:09 am »

Play/Pause and (now also) Next/Previous are still executed twice on my MS Natural Keyboard Pro. I don't think that this is releated to the key repeat time because it even happens if I press the key shortly. My multimedia keys worked without problems until some builds ago.

Situation is different for me, but still not correct (I had to retract my post from last night on this). If I hit the play key from a dead stop, MC starts then immediately pauses. Hitting play again starts playback normally. Going forward from there, play/pause, forward and back work properly.

Related: If MC is in the background and I hit the play key from a dead stop, MC comes to the foreground.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 08:51:43 am »

The Download manager the Toolbar cannot be changed, to assistance above is not to see those sees toolbar so half geskinnt out.  :(

http://www.mynetcologne.de/~nc-bauerro7/My_Screenshot5.png

There should be the possibility the Toolbar in 2 columns to indicate and it resize.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

JohnT

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 09:06:47 am »

Bedessy, I've split your post to a separate thread entitled "Bedessy: CD burning problem".  Please post there.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 09:21:43 am »

I'm not sure if this is a problem with the 269 version because my last was 263, I've never had an error with the earlier version, whenever I try to watch a video file I get an error message that says:

"Windows Media Error:
A Security Upgrade is required to perform the operation on this media file."

Then if you say okay you I'm presented with another box that says:

"Media Center entoured errors while trying to play the last several files.  Direct Show unknown streaming error: 0xc00d2728
Please make sure the path in your library points to the right location."

The files are oin my drive and are not being streamed.

Try Windows Update and download any Windows Media security upgrades.

JohnT

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2005, 10:23:00 am »

Small bug guys; burn speed is defaulting to MAX after being changed to  e.g. 16X. This is after closing MC and restarting.

As you know you don't automatically enter the window where burn speed is selected so we, or I, assume it is where I last set it at.

JC
I'm splitting this off to a separate thread called "JOHNCAT: burn speed defaulting to MAX"
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2005, 11:46:45 am »

I cannot open InterNet Streams e.g.. 

mms://stream2.orf.at/oe3_live

these functions in the Windows Media Player perfectly, but in mc11 does nothing !

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2005, 11:52:42 am »

11.0.268 (5/16/05)

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2005, 12:02:50 pm »

An addition regarding the media keys: I just found out that the double processing of Play/Pause only happens in mini view mode (independent if MC has the focus or not). If MC is in standard view mode Play/Pause works correctly, even if MC doesn't have the focus. Only if MC has just been started (into standard view) it will go to pause immediately if I press the key for the first time. The following key presses then work correctly.

The Next/Previous keys skip two tracks in either view mode.

EDIT: this is somehow erratic - after switching the mini view skin back and forth the Play/Pause key now seems to work correctly in this mode too. Next/Previous worked a few times, now it skips two tracks again.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2005, 01:52:33 pm »

Thanks for the Toolbar arrows. They look much sleeker now.

The Library Server WMA conversion issues still exist and the "Convert if necessary" option doesn't change anything. I tried the options with W2k and XP servers. I don't know if these bugs are show stoppers, but clearly the options are not working properly.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

UnknownID

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2005, 04:44:24 pm »

Last minute thing: could you put a list of supported devices (handheld, tv cards, etc) in the help file? I ran a search within MC's help and didn't see anything; MC10 included some, if not all, of this kind of information.

UnknownID

Pages: [1]   Go Up