INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11: Bedessey's CD burning problems  (Read 1215 times)

bedessy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dj NoBody
MC11: Bedessey's CD burning problems
« on: May 23, 2005, 10:53:43 pm »

cd burning is still broken in MC 11 and mc 10 I get to track 4 and get improper medium , or this is a new one Logical unit not ready, long wr..  who knows what that means.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC11: Bedessey's CD burning problems
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 11:25:32 pm »

Bedessey:
The CD burning functionality of MC is working flawlessly for me (and I imagine other users or we would have heard about it a lot more).  While it is possible that it is a bug in MC that affects only a small percentage of users, I would venture to guess that it is more likely a problem with your computer (based on the fact that you seem to indicate that it doesn't work with a wide range of versions of MC).

If you would like assistance in solving your CD Burning problem, post your System Info (which can be obtained by going to Help --> System Info from inside MC).  It would also be nice to know what type of disc (audio or data) you were trying to burn, whether or not you were trying to convert to another format on the fly in a data burn, and any other burn settings you were using.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JohnT

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 09:19:12 am »

Try turning off direct decoding and cut the write speed to half of maximum. Enable test mode while you are finding the right settings in order to avoid creating coasters. Let us know the results.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

bedessy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dj NoBody
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 08:11:15 pm »

When I atempy to make a cd after the long process of preparing to burn when I get to track 4 of a list of songs I'm trying to burn, the thing just stops burning, and with each new new build same song different reason.

I wish I knew how to copy and paste the errors that I've seen, Wrong medium, one of them ,the next build said wrong logical unit long wait .

Media Center Registered 11.0.275 -- I:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1581 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 432 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2627 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050309-1648) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive C:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G: PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-107D  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive K:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive L:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive M:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive N:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive G: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-107D   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive H: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-708A     Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

bedessy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dj NoBody
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 09:05:29 pm »

Thanks guys for responding to my problem I tryed John T's advice and cutting my burnspeed in half worked

Media Center Registered 11.0.275 -- I:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1581 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 432 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2627 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050309-1648) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive C:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G: PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-107D  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive K:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive L:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive M:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive N:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive G: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-107D   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive H: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-708A     Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

JohnT

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 08:53:44 am »

Which burner were you getting the errors on, Pioneer or Plextor (or both)?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 10:24:13 am »

When I atempy to make a cd after the long process of preparing to burn when I get to track 4 of a list of songs I'm trying to burn, the thing just stops burning, and with each new new build same song different reason.

So just to be clear ... There is one particular song that won't properly burn?  Or is it always track 4 no matter what song/file track 4 actually is?

If it is one particular song or file that won't burn, it is likely a problem with the file ... That it won't properly convert to WAV for some reason.  Have you tried burning that song (or list) using Nero or Roxio (or whatever you use as your burning software on the computer)?  One other thing you could try would be to manually convert the file to WAV format, and then burn that...
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up