INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zen Micro Transfer Problem  (Read 1877 times)

dduvall

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Zen Micro Transfer Problem
« on: May 27, 2005, 10:14:20 pm »

Hi,

I upgraded to .279 today.  When I went to synch a couple of playlists, I got the "file type not supported" message (library is all .ape).

Looking at tools > options > handheld; the only option available for file conversion was "Don't Convert Files".  Rebooted, still same results.  Completely uninstalled MC 11.279, rebooted, reinstalled, same results.

I've got the latest firmware and latest driver loaded along with .279.  After resetting the handheld device in tools > options and then plugging it in, MC indicates it is "retrieving info", but the nomad plugin is not being auto-added (even if I delete the .dll).  It is indeed not showing under the plugin manager.  If I copy the link from the pdt.xml page in the default resources folder to force a load of the plugin, MC indicates the package was loaded successfully, but it still doesn't show under plugin manager.  This remains so after a reboot.

I'm hopeful that getting the plugin installed eliminates all of my problems.  Any ideas on what I should try to have it recognized by MC?

Thanks,
David

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Zen Micro Transfer Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 12:10:25 pm »

David,

Do you have the MTP firmware installed for your Micro? MC is set to work with MTP firmware by default. In regards to the conversion, what filetype are you trying to convert to? Please verify that you can do the conversion apart from the device transfer and if you can, let me know.

Thanks,

Steve

dduvall

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 02:02:22 pm »

Steve,

I'm running the latest non-MTP firmware from Creative.  Unfortunately, MTP requires XP and I manage my music / handhelds on a machine running W2K server.

Is there a way (change in an .xml file or something) to have MC talk to the Zen with non-mtp firmware via the plugin?

EDIT - I thought I had read this somewhere .... I'll try changing the "type" to "1" from "2" and see if that does anything for me

On the conversion side, I am going from .ape to .mp3.  If I right click on a track(s) in the library, I'm able to do the converison without any problem.

Thanks,
David

dduvall

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 02:18:57 pm »

Steve,

Changing the type to "1" in pdt.xml in default resources didn't do anything for me. 

It did seem to download the plugin, but it's still not listed under plugin manager.  And, the only option under handheld > conversion is "don't convert files".  As mentioned, I can right click on a track and do a convert format and successfully go from .ape to .mp3.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Thanks

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 03:32:31 pm »

David,

I just did some work on this and tomorrow' build (282) should make things run smoother provided you manually make the edit to the PDT after the installation.

dduvall

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 03:37:56 pm »

Steve,

Thanks very much.   ;D

I'll grab it when it's available and give it a go.

Thanks,
David
Pages: [1]   Go Up