INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Real alphabetization  (Read 957 times)

Teaflax

• Recent member
  • Media hedonist
Real alphabetization
« on: May 31, 2005, 04:03:55 am »

Is there any way at all to get MJ to sort files alphabetically by English language rules - that is, ignoring leading "The" and "A"?

I think there's a huge difference between, say, "The Cure" and "Cure", and besides it's a lot of work to strip out those definite articles.

Since I'm sure no one's developing MJ any more, I'm not expecting it as a new feature, therefore I'm just making sure that there's no easy way to do this that I might have missed.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Real alphabetization
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 04:50:08 am »

I don't think MJ has it. (I don't have MJ installed so I can't be sure). Media Center 11 has it and many other nice new things.

From MC11 Help:
Tools > Options > Tree & View Settings > Sorting

- Ignore articles. When enabled, all files that begin with “a”, “an” and “the” will be sorted by the next word in their name. For example, “The Spirit Moves” will be displayed in the same way, but will be sorted as beginning with an “S” instead of a “T”.

- Save changes on list header clicks. You can sort your lists by clicking on the list headers. But the sort order is not saved unless this option is enabled. When enabled, Media Center will remember the sort orders you have chosen for each list in which you have sorted in this way.

- Sort by track # for single albums. Albums will be sorted by track # automatically, even if you have sorted differently.

- Sort empty strings last. When fields are empty, they will display last in the list, rather than first.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Teaflax

• Recent member
  • Media hedonist
Re: Real alphabetization
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 07:46:23 am »

Thanks, Alex. That, plus the PSP support (provided it is well-implemented) may be enough for me to spring for MC11.
Pages: [1]   Go Up