INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burning problem  (Read 1531 times)

paulbailie

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Burning problem
« on: October 09, 2002, 12:00:49 am »

In addition to the problems mentioned elsewhere with the Teac CDW 54E, despite uninstalling/reinstalling MJ I find that the "use generic driver" and "add two second gap between audio tracks" options are greyed out, forcing me down the 2 second gap road. Any thoughts?

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.385
CPU: AMD Athlon 1801 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 298 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
wnaspi32.dll: N/A
I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather, than screaming in terror, like his passengers.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Burning problem
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2002, 04:32:15 am »

You need to install ASPI. MJ should have asked you if you wanted it installed automatically. Did it do that?
Here's the link to install it manually. Check their link about setup and installation for information on how to install it after downloading.
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/drivers_by_product.html?cat=%2fProduct%2fASPI-4.70&prodkey=ASPI-4.70#Microsoft%20Windows%202000
Another option would be to wait for the version 9 MJ with our new generic burning engine which will support gapless (DAO) audio recording.

By the way, do you see a 40X max burn speed for your drive in MJ?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

paulbailie

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2002, 09:44:02 am »

MJ tried and failed to load ASPI, but I loaded it with your link. I had been getting 40x writing prior to this, but it's reverted to 24x. By the way, the 2 second option is still greyed out!
I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather, than screaming in terror, like his passengers.

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2002, 11:31:03 am »

Is the "use generic driver" option greyed out? If not, uncheck it and you should be able to uncheck the 2 second gap option.
The 24X speed problem is a known issue. We're working on it.

paulbailie

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2002, 11:54:33 am »

No, the "use generic driver" option is available, but the 2 second option remains greyed out.

JohnT

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2002, 12:06:24 pm »

Something's very strange. Did you remove the checkmark from the "use generic" option? If you uncheck the "use generic" option, the 2 second option should definitely be enabled. If not, maybe try an uninstall/reinstall of MJ.

paulbailie

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2002, 03:53:52 am »

Did a reinstall, still getting the 2 second option greyed out with the generic option checked and ASPI unchecked. ? I can burn at 40x with no gaps on Nero, but would prefer to do it with MJ.

JohnT

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2002, 05:49:27 am »

Did a reinstall, still getting the 2 second option greyed out with the generic option checked and ASPI unchecked. ? I can burn at 40x with no gaps on Nero, but would prefer to do it with MJ.

Yes, the 2 second option will always be checked and greyed out when the generic option is checked. As I said, you must remove the checkmark from the generic option. If you're running XP, you'll still be limited to 24X because of a bug we're working on, but you will be able to burn without gaps.

paulbailie

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2002, 07:38:13 am »

:) Sorry, blame it on screen fatigue and too much Merlot! Got it sorted, thanks John.
Pages: [1]   Go Up