INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M-Audio Delta 2496 or Revo 7.1 for multi zone  (Read 3432 times)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
M-Audio Delta 2496 or Revo 7.1 for multi zone
« on: June 08, 2005, 03:37:41 am »

I am looking at putting a new sound card in my PC to drive at least 2 zones through MC11.

I've read that Matt has the 2496 and that he has this working as 2 zones.  I digital out and one analog out (Matt is this correct?)

Does anybody know if the Revolution 7.1 can be used to drive multiple zones? This would then allow 3 or 4 zones rather than the 2 that the 2496 will.

My other option is the Delta 1010LT,  but this is quite expensive here in Australia.

Cheers
Richard

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: M-Audio Delta 2496 or Revo 7.1 for multi zone
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 02:41:46 pm »

MC needs to see separate Windows audio devices for two or more zones. I don't know if the M-Audio drivers have that option.

I have the Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96 5.1 channel card, but there is no way to make MC see it as more than one audio device. I have used my motherboard's integrated sound card for the second zone.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 06:13:07 pm »

Thanks Alex,

I've read somewhere (I think the Avsforum) and in an older post here that Matt has a 2496 that he can use both the digital and analog outputs as different zones.  Or at least that's how I read it.

Nobody seems to have tried a revolution 7.1 (or wants to admit it!) for multiple zones so I mght stay away from that card.

Matt - Can you please confirm you are able to use the Delta 2496 as 2 zones?

Thanks
Richard

mauka

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 09:36:23 pm »

The Revo will not use both digital and anolog. I have had a Revo in my Media PC for a while. I just ordered a chaintech. I'm gonna use the Revo for Movies and Digital suround and the Chaintech for Anolog for my multiroom setup. I have read the Chaintech will do both and it only cost about $25 and is suppose to be as good as the Revo.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 09:10:01 am »

Thanks,

I've ended up buying an M-Audio Delta 1010LT, it allows me to run the digital and 4 stereo analog outs each as their own zones in MC.

Now I just have to wrk out how to control the M-audio control panel to change routing from my remote control! 

Hmm look out girder support forums, here I come!

Richard
Pages: [1]   Go Up