INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Different (low) bitrate tracks for handhelds ?  (Read 848 times)

zagor

• Recent member
Different (low) bitrate tracks for handhelds ?
« on: October 10, 2002, 06:12:25 am »

I'm using MJ in last three months, it's great!
I've just ripped all my  5000 favourite songs from 2000+ CD library in APE format for archiving. As you guess, it takes sleepless nights and 150 GB of HD space.
Now I'm planning to buy a 20 GB Ipod for windows to export my music library from PC to Ipod. I guess, first  I should convert  all my library to 128 kb/s MP3 format, then transfer to handheld device, but I'dont want to keep MP3s in my PC.  So, do you guys know a library management tool that it keeps your library as is and transfers a different format and bitrate mirror of the library to the handheld device?

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: Different (low) bitrate tracks for handhelds ?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2002, 09:25:03 am »

MJ will do the transcoding just fine. I think they are working now on a IPOD plugin. Otherwise you'll have to use the IPOD software.

As far as bitrate is concerned, I use --alt -preset -standard (MJ uses LAME encoder) which creates VBR files in the 192 k/s range. With 20 GB, you've got a LOT of room - go for quality.

Xenno

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Different (low) bitrate tracks for handhelds ?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2002, 09:25:52 am »

zagor,

MJ provides an option to convert the files during the transfer to a handheld device. When you use this option the files will be converted on the fly and your original files will not be disturbed.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up