INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV card -- no sound  (Read 1632 times)

dpetr

• Recent member
TV card -- no sound
« on: June 10, 2005, 08:00:31 am »

Using trial version.  Problem with TV card.  Same as previous versions as well.  Have no sound, picture is fine.

TV Card = Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II that is equivelent to WinTV PVR 250MCE.  I've tried every possible combination for Audio options.  I should be able to use Direct Sound, but I've also tried various combinations of "Cable to Sound Card" setups as well.

Sound fine using ChristTV 4.2 and MCE2005 (Windows).

Please advise.

Also, where do you store the modified Channel List?  That is, if you change from "Channel 1, Channel 2...etc", where is the change stored?  I've had to reformat my hard drive and have a copy of the way it was, but can't determine where this list is stored.  Thanks.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: TV card -- no sound
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 08:35:29 am »

Hi,

For WinTV PVR 250, the audio option should be to use DirectSound or WaveOut, i.e. unchecking "This device requires a cable ...".

I am not sure why you can not get sound. I wonder if the MCE version has something special in it.

As for channels list, how did you save a copy in the first place if you did not know where it was stored? They should be in this registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 11\TV Settings\TV Channels
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

dpetr

• Recent member
Re: TV card -- no sound
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 06:54:03 pm »

Like I said, I've tried all the sound options available to me, including the "DirectSound" and WaveOut options, but to no avail.  The MCE version may indeed have some special stuff going on, because WinTV2000, the Hauppauge PVR program will not even load.  But ChristTV and MediaCenter 11 will recognize the card and except for MC11, produces good results (sound & video).  I wonder why ChrisTV sound is OK but not on MC11.  I do know that MCE 2005 is awefully fussy about having things just so, so maybe there's a problem there.

As for the Channel ID's being stored in the registry, I had assumed they were stored in a file somewhere.  I had them before the reformat and figuered they would have to be a file somewhere.  Never would I have guessed you would store that sort of data in the registry.  Oh well, I can't restore the registry, but maybe I can get that key out of the old backup file.

I sure do wish the sound was working though.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up