INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Needed-Encoder Setting Command Line Switches  (Read 1011 times)

ballen

• Junior Woodchuck
Help Needed-Encoder Setting Command Line Switches
« on: July 02, 2003, 12:38:37 am »

Currently using MJ 8.0.399 but thinking about upgrading to MC.  Simultaneously I've been in the early stages of educating myself and testing the various encoding formats available.

While reading/searching some of the posts here, ran across an informative thread in MC titled "The better audio format" dated 6/24/03 regarding the various encoding formats.  Got me interested in doing my own "blind tests" with some of the suggestions offered.

Depending on the format, various command line switch settings were mentioned (ie. Ogg Vorbis at -q7 or -q8).  Where does one learn about these various switches?

Checked MJ's Help file titled "Encoding Settings" and ran across an incorrect link listed which promised help in this area but the link showcased Real Estate/Finances.  Below is the quoted excerpt;

"Custom. For your own custom commands, select "custom" in the drop-down menu, then click on the advanced button. For information on command line switches, see http://r3mix.net, then select "Quality" in the left frame."

Thanks for your feedback,

Blair

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Help Needed-Encoder Setting Command Line Switc
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2003, 02:38:48 am »

You could try a google search for that.  Or try searching at hydrogenaudio.com.
Pages: [1]   Go Up