INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: issues with CD/RW disks  (Read 4224 times)

ijusth

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
issues with CD/RW disks
« on: July 01, 2003, 10:44:15 am »

I got a Samsung CD-RW (224b) not that the model should matter but just to show it is a new model ... even with this unit I have a hell of a time with CD/RW disks.  They are memorex 1x-4x and maybe it is the brand but when I play music occasionally it stops and whirls the disk reloading the buffer.  Also when I set the disk up as a writeable platter (just as if it was a floppy) drag and drop doesn't work well and often I can only write 300-400mb to the disk.  On one disk that I created using a normal burn/finalize method it will play about 60 of the mp3s and then the last 2 dozen wont play, copy or be accessible (even from a dos prompt on a floppy booted OS).  I love being able to reuse the disk but they seem to be WAAAY more problems then they are worth.  Am I doing something wrong since I cant imagine everyone with these issues.  Maybe got a bad batch of disks?

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
Re: issues with CD/RW disks
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 09:25:33 am »

no your not having any thing speical unto your selve.

for some reason i tosted all my memorex cdrws when i tried to use them in the samsung.   I think they are using a different chemical combonation for their disks then what samsung can see.

as for the trouble with the drag and drop packet writing your more then likely using the program for it called direct cd.  from the roxio ez cdcreator program   i took all that out  it was messed up.  

if you can find a copy of the program  called  " INCD"  

found the url for you here it is.

http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#root

look on the right side of the page  scroll down to the downloads area  you will see incd listed there.

that works i have it on all the computers here.   even thought winXp Does Not need it to burn files on the cdrw  it does need it to see the files from the other computers i use this on.  but  this one works

as for the distance of mbs used when doing packet writing the program will format and use the cdrom space for keeping the files on it needs to tell it to use the disk as a hard drive.

i have seen 100 mb's or so used for this on my cdrw's.  it makes a record of the nonusable disk sectors on the cdrom disk that is needed to be kept there for it too.

i can not see these files it uses but it says it is doing a logical scan of the cd so i know it has to keep all that stuff some place.  and i just presume it keeps it on the cdrom.

along with the files it puts on there for the computers that do not have the same packet writing software on to beable to see the files on the cd.

hope that helps.
roving cowboy / keith hall

ijusth

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 01:33:17 pm »

have incd at home and used it to create the disk.  Interestly I can take the same disk to work and play back the mp3s without problems - didn't try to add or delete however (I would have used the cdrw at work for that action btw).  Decided to give up on the cdrw disks and will use them for some data permanent archiving instead.

Katacus

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 01:57:52 am »

This needs work with the current version.  Took me an hour to burn.  Had to go back and uncheck test to get the burn button to show up. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up