INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't install the license  (Read 1010 times)

mdshullaw

• Recent member
Can't install the license
« on: September 13, 2005, 01:57:32 pm »

Hi Jim. I am a long time user of Jukebox and Media Center, but I have a problem. I tried installing Media Center on my wifes computer, which is networked to mine, but no luck getting the license to install. She has windows 98 on her machine, and MC installed fine. However, when I tried to download and install the license, it says it's expired, which it isn't, and ask if I want to restore from my registration code. I said yes, and it connects to jriver, and tries to install it again, with no luck. It did this about 5 times, and now it says I have only 4 or 5 restores left  for the year, although the license doesn't work. I also tried saving the license as a file, and installing it that way, but with the same results.  It Is this an issue with windows 98 and MC? I installed the latest beta on her machine, 314. By the way, I thought I would try uninstalling the beta, and install the latest non-beta version, but I discovered MC won't uninstall from her win98 machine. I tried uninstalling frem the control panel add and remove programs, and from the uninstall in the MC start menu under media center. Either way, when you click un-install, it just exits to the desktop. Can you advise me on how to fix this, and also how to get my allowance of restores back. Thanks!

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut

Check the system clock on your wife's PC. Then try again. Just use one of the installation keys you've already got, don't go to the restore page to get a new one.

j

mdshullaw

• Recent member

Check the system clock on your wife's PC. Then try again. Just use one of the installation keys you've already got, don't go to the restore page to get a new one.

j

I forgot to check the clock, I knew better, dang it :) That was the problem. The issue with the license using up so many installs is a different situation though. I know there are only so many installs allowed in a year, so I was being careful, but it seems to be in a loop while trying to install the license, with MC constantly opening and closing. It was strange.  Regardless, setting the clock fixed the license issue, and I much appreciate you reminding me to do that.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Can't install the license
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 04:13:45 pm »

If you run short on restores, just make a post here.

Glad it's working.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up