INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: adding info to tags  (Read 1150 times)

bigcuedaddy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • computers are just a fad
adding info to tags
« on: September 14, 2005, 10:02:32 pm »

In working with some 3rd party hardware and software issues (Microsoft and D-Link), I am having to adjust tags to reflect album/track#/song name in the NAME tag. Obviously I can manually add this info, but with 10k files, I was hoping there was a way for MC to allow me to add the extra info automatically somehow? King Sparta kinda comes close with name options in "the master" but that doesnt allow me to add the two fields to the name. Any suggestions?                   

bigcuedaddy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • computers are just a fad
Re: adding info to tags
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 11:01:19 pm »

I've tried using "Fill Properties from Filename", but it wont change the NAME. It changes all the other properties really well.

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 11:27:15 pm »

I think you're just one or two steps short of success, d-o. 
If I understand it, you want to rename all your name fields to reflect [album]/track#]/[name].  If I was going to do this, I would first "rename files from properties", and use the three fields you listed.  ONce that was done, I would THEN "fill properties from file name", specifically changing the name fields to reflect the new filenames.  If I understand it, that gets you the naming format that you want.  If it doesn't, blame Alex B, he's the one who gave me the idea of using filenames as cache for global changes.

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 05:05:12 am »

create a [Name Backup] field  to store the original [Name] tags should you ever need them later.

Then create a calculated tag

[album] / [track#] / [name]

then just use copy from it to populate [Name] using Move/Copy Fields from Library Tools.

No need to modify filenames  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up