INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Streaming??  (Read 2890 times)

Hotliner

Video Streaming??
« on: September 27, 2005, 10:31:11 am »

I'm new to the board so please be patient...

I'm a PVR user (Snapstream and Sage TV)... However there are some limitations to what these products can do.. well more specifically for what i want to do.

I have several Analogue TV's and have deployed Snapstream in my house (For the moment). I was assured that they would be "soon" able to stream live TV over a network through a hardware device to any number to Analogue TV's.

It would seem that they will be working on this.. in the future but it is only on the "roadmap" not in actual development.

So.. that being said.. I had been duped into buying Snapstream  :P "Medusa"(http://store.snapstream.com/medusa.html) I had hopes that I would not have to install a PC in every room and hook that up to my TV's (running Beyond TV Link -  http://www.snapstream.com/products/beyondtvlink)

I refuse to install a PC in every room.
*rant complete*

Here are my questions...

1. Can Media Center use the Hauppauge PVR500 TV Tuner Card?

2. Is there a way with this solution to not only Stream Recorded media (TV, movies etc) but Stream live Broadcasts to TV's using a supported Third Party device over a network (wired or wireless) through any number of Encoder cards? I don’t care about the format !!!

3. The Third Party device would have to have a remote that would allow for control of the content (Change Channels, select pre-recorded movies, pictures etc)

If anyone has any ideas...
Please let me know on the board or via email.

Cheers and thanks for your time!!! ;D

Hotliner

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Video Streaming??
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 09:07:35 am »

1. Can Media Center use the Hauppauge PVR500 TV Tuner Card?
PVR 500 is not fully supported because of its dual tuner. MC can only use one tuner at a time. One user tested the device and found it to work in MC, as a single tuner device.

2. Is there a way with this solution to not only Stream Recorded media (TV, movies etc) but Stream live Broadcasts to TV's using a supported Third Party device over a network (wired or wireless) through any number of Encoder cards? I don’t care about the format !!!
MC does not stream live TV.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Hotliner

Re: Video Streaming??
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 01:02:27 pm »

PVR 500 is not fully supported because of its dual tuner. MC can only use one tuner at a time. One user tested the device and found it to work in MC, as a single tuner device.
MC does not stream live TV.

Thanks for the reply...

Is there any chance that anyone out there would have solution for what i want to do..?

Hotliner
Pages: [1]   Go Up