INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Failed to access TV tuner  (Read 2131 times)

chais

• Recent member
Failed to access TV tuner
« on: October 02, 2005, 11:42:52 pm »

When I turn on dtv channels before the picture comes up I get two errors in grey at bottom of the screen. First one says Failed to access tv tuner and then Failed to access tv tuner in MakeMenuOptions. Then picture will load up. I cant figure out why this happens. My second problem which is my biggest is when i click record I get an error in a little window which says play on top bar and error says failed to acces tv tuner and it freezes the channel till click on it again. I also cant use time shifting mode. I get failed to load time shifting files. Also, while scanning for DTV channels it goes up to about 34 out of 68 then repeats back down to 0 and adds channels that already added. This will continue over and over again till I hit cancel. I have a 256 gforce 5600 nvidia video card with an ati hdtv wonder card. here is my system info:

Media Center 11.0.314 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2392 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 266 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2713 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050702-1513) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: GENERIC  DVD RW 4XMax       Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

I looked all over for the answers to these and couldnt find any solutions. If anyone could help I would be very thankfull!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Failed to access TV tuner
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 09:27:50 am »

The error message you saw is related to analog TV tuner. It should not occur when you tune to DTV channels (except maybe it would flash on screen but would not affect the operation).

Please try

1. Re-installing your HDTV Wonder driver/application.
2. Downloading and installing the latest Nvidia video driver.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

chais

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 10:34:24 am »

I did a fresh install of windows xp and only used the newest drivers in both my graphics and tuner card. I just cant record HDTV with this program. Always get my video to freeze and get an error saying failed to access tv tuner. Like you said TV tuner isnt DTV and shouldnt be givin me that error. Also When I do search for DTV channels it goes to about 40 out of 68 then starts back to 1 and adds duplicate channels. Im just baffled why I would have all these problems when everyone is haveing none. IS there a certain way to record HDTV stations?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 01:44:19 pm »

Recording HDTV stations should be the same as recording analog stations (as far as the user is concerned).

I am not sure why it does not work for you. I remember someone mentioned somewhere that the HDTV Wonder and Nvidia video card do not work well (requires some extra tweak), but I thought they would have fixed it long ago.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

chais

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 02:14:35 pm »

yeah I remember that too but the new nvidia drivers fixed that as far as i know I have no problems the original software that came with my hdtv wonder card "mmc". I also can get it to work in windows media center with kram drivers and I dont have a problem.

I dont get errors anymore instead when I go to record it just freezes media center. The only way to close the program is to press cntrl+alt+dlt. To make errors go away and my atuo search for dtv channels to work I did the following:

1.  Installed newest ATI hdtv wonder drivers, rebooted.

2.  Installed purchased version of nvidias PureVision decoder, rebooted.

3.  Installed purchased JRiver Media Center 11.0.314, rebooted.

This seemed to get everything working except timeshifting and recording. when Time shifting is enabled I get an error saying "failed to load timeshifting files". And when I press record My program freezes or says unknown error. I cant figure out why I cant record HDTV. Please any suggestions?!

Pages: [1]   Go Up