INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All playlists / smartlists are gone  (Read 1526 times)

betonmoewe

• Recent member
All playlists / smartlists are gone
« on: October 10, 2005, 03:42:05 pm »

Hello,

I'm just very confused ...

After trying 11.1 alpha, I have downgraded to 11.0316 because 11.1 did not work with my ipod. Now I have a big problem because all my definded playlists and smartlists are gone  :'(

I have tried to restore my database ... no way back, only my music file entrys are restored. I have tried to copy the playlistx file back ... no play/smartlists.

How can I get back all my lists ?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Help! All playlists / smartlists are gone :(
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 04:08:22 pm »

Are you saying that you installed the alpha version, but didn't make a library backup before that?

If you tried restoring a valid library backup file I guess the 11.1a version left something in the Windows registry that is incompatible with 11.0.

I suppose you didn't use the uninstaller with the registry cleaning option before reinstalling 11.0. If that is true you could try to install 11.1a again and uninstall it completely before reinstalling 11.0.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 04:40:26 pm »

As I have already reported at least these registry settings have changed:

Have these Windows registry items changed?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 11\Properties
View Settings - Column Presets  and
View Settings - Sorting Presets

I noticed that the previously saved presets don't work anymore.

The alpha thread contains this warning:
As always, use at your own risk, and don't make it your first download of MC.

It is OK, but I guess many users have got the impression that the only risk is that something minor doesn't work. It seems that 11.1a has significant internal changes and perhaps the warning should be a bit stronger.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

betonmoewe

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 05:44:49 pm »

Hi Alex,

no, I have backuped  my library and had deinstalled 11.1a via the software deinstallation routine. After I have found that all my playlists are gone I have tried to restore the backup .. no error message and all my audio entrys are there ... but no play /  smartlists  :'(

I have just tried an older playlistx file (before the upgrade to 11.1a) and this works (but all my new playlists / smartlists are still deleted)!

Something with the smart / playlists upgrade / downgrade went absolutely wrong 

Btw, I now that 11.1a is alpha code (and so I'm not complaining about this behaviour) but I hoped that this is maybe an issue with a simple solution ...

dcwebman

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 07:11:23 am »

Don't worry betonmoewe, the same thing happened to me. I just decided to have to try and create all the playlists and smartlists again, but it would be nice if somebody had an answer as to how to restore them. I thought a backup of the library backed those up too, but I guess not.  :(
Jeff
Jeff

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 07:58:13 am »

MC11.0 library backup includes the playlists and smartlists.

I suppose JRiver has changed the library format a bit in 11.1a.

You could try to export the static playlists in m3u format with MC11.1a and import the files to 11.0.

For smartlists a solution could be copy-pasting the rules to Notepad.

I have saved many of my smartlist and search rules in a text file and imported the .txt file itself to the library for a quick access.

razumik

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 08:52:09 am »

I had  the same problem as betonmoewe but restoring a backup made before the upgrade returned all of my playlists.  Before that restore, however, I tried to restore a backup made in 11.1 (after re-installing 11) and the playlists had all been removed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up