INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote control with USB receiver  (Read 1036 times)

vsat

Remote control with USB receiver
« on: October 12, 2005, 03:56:16 pm »

Hi,
I am new this forum and new to Media center. Please bear with me if I ask some stupid question.

I am planning to convert my existing pc to a media center. One of the search in google came with Media Jukebox which I find it very interesting.  I downloaded the free version 8.0 to try it out. My question is does this support any USB IR receiver/Remote? Down at the local store, I saw a remote which comes with a USB receiver for $15. But it has no driver or manual with it. Wondering is there a way to use that remote with Media Jukebox 8.0? If so, what is that need. Please let me know.

Thanks
vs.

NickM

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Simplicity isn't always best, but it's easy to fix
Re: Remote control with USB receiver
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 09:26:03 pm »

Look at MC11, not MC8 (!).  If you want an infrared remote then look at http://www.usbuirt.com/
else if you would like an RF remote, then look at the ATI Remote Wonder (RF/USB).

nick

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 01:13:13 am »

Welcome!

MJ 8 is ok, but that was 3 or 4 years ago. J River keeps it around for those that want a more basic player with J river's advanced file handeling capabillity. You really should try the 30day full function free trial of MC 11. It does support virtually all IR (infrared remotes), and several of the RF (radio frequency) remotes as well. MC 11 has far more other capabillities as well. Check it out. :)
Feel free to ask any questions here.

Listening to: 'Tragic Magic' from 'Shoot Out at the Fantasy Factory' by 'Traffic' on Media Center 11
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

vsat

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 11:59:32 pm »

Thanks for the information. I have a quick question.  In my local store I saw a some remote contol which comes with USB receiver. But there is no driver or manul with it. It only cost $15. Just wondering will I be able to use that with MC 11? At this time I don't want to spend a lot. If you know any other cheap remote control whch I can use, please let me know.

Also does MC support or plan to support Vacuum Fluorescent Display (VFD) ?

Thanks,
vs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up