INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDTV recording with simultaneous media playback  (Read 2045 times)

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
HDTV recording with simultaneous media playback
« on: October 18, 2005, 01:13:07 am »

I've not yet ventured into the world of HDTV cards with MC11 yet but I'm thinking about it now...

Is it possible to record a TV show while playing back and album or even watching an avi/dvd at the same time? Does anyone do this and how reliable is it?

Cheers,
Ray.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: HDTV recording with simultaneous media playback
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 08:51:52 am »

You can record a TV show by using Media Center's Media Scheduler. It records in the background. You can simultaneously use MC for other purposes (except watching TV using the same TV device).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 06:41:56 pm »

You can record a TV show by using Media Center's Media Scheduler.

Thanks Yaobing. I'm thinking Theater View though. Is Media Scheduler available in Theater View or, in other words, can I schedule a TV recording in Theather View using just a remote?
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 09:06:44 am »

No. Media Scheduler is a separate program that runs in the background. You can not schedule a recording in Theater view.

In Theater view you can start recording as you watch. You can switch to playing other things after recording is started (by using a different Zone). However, unless your zones are routed to different speakers, you will get both TV audio and the other audio out the same speakers. In other words you can not mute the TV audio when you start recording in Theater view (or any other view within MC).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 05:09:59 pm »

I use Webscheduler for my scheduling, as it has a keyboard interface that works well using a remote control.

http://dvb-ws.sourceforge.net/

I launch it with Girder (switch out of theater view, minimize MC, Launch webschuduler)

Webscheduler can then record my programs and I use the King Sparta Auto import to bring the recordings into the MC Library.

Now if MC Theater view had the ability to delete the files after I've watched them I'd be set!  (Hint hint)

Richard

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 10:35:32 pm »

Thanks guys.

Richard, it seems you've got a really good "work-around" to some of the tv issues. Which card are you currently using?
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: [1]   Go Up