INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buffer Overrun error  (Read 1241 times)

viggster

• Recent member
Buffer Overrun error
« on: October 29, 2005, 05:20:44 pm »

I'm getting a "Microsoft C++ Buffer Overrun" error when running Media server 11. When I click 'ok" on the dialog, media server closes and the remote machine stops playing music.

I just updated to the latest build today and I'm getting the same error. Other people on the board have had the same problem but no solution has been forthcoming. It's a real PIA because I have to go to the server and restart it, and the whole point of having a server is to not have to touch it.....

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Buffer Overrun error
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 05:57:28 pm »

Make sure you have the latest build, 11.0.316, on both machines.

If you're converting files when you play, make sure you have the right encoder installed and that it works.

What type of files are you trying to play?  Any details might help.  Not all files can be streamed or converted.

stanger89

• MC Beta Team
  • Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 10:26:56 pm »

Jim,

I'm still getting it too, but I just got one with it sitting on my server and nothing happening.  I was not playing any files, nothing.

System info:
Code: [Select]
Media Center Registered 11.0.316 -- M:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

5.2  (Build 3790)
AMD Athlon 1532 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 288 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.0 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   No CD drives found.
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

stanger89

• MC Beta Team
  • Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 10:35:07 pm »

gk666999

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 04:29:50 am »

I have the same error ever since enabling Library server through last 3-5 builds. I did try to disable third party plugins - to no avail. Strange enough, this error seems to happen when I am away from my PC and pops an error message every hour or so.

Nutcracker

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 03:03:38 pm »

Hi, I,ve been using media centre for 6th months and the buffer overrun error reared it's ugly head about a week ago. Searching the forum and taking heed of the various suggestions has come to no avail. Media centre just has to be left idle for this condition to occur. I,ve got the latest edition, no spyware apps or anything else have been loaded before this condition happened. I,m at a loss really, a pity really as I think media centre was a good choice on my part. I know this seems to be of concern, how widespread is the error. I'll keep looking for an answer, any more ideas will be most welcome. Regards :) 
Pages: [1]   Go Up