INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Analysing m4p in MC 11.0.314  (Read 647 times)

iceideas

Analysing m4p in MC 11.0.314
« on: October 30, 2005, 06:12:20 am »

Hi,

I have downloaded 100's of songs using itunes.

I have successfully imported and played these files in Media Centre.

Issue:

When I try to analyze a single file nothing apears to happen.

When I try to analyze a batch of any of these files (m4p) Media Centre apears to be doing something as it displays a progress bar.   It halts after a number of files and displays a dialogue box with the following message:

"The last serveral files have caused errors. Processing has been halted"

Can any one share some light on this issue..

Cheers.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Analysing m4p in MC 11.0.314
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 08:03:50 am »

I am sorry, but it doesn't work.

MC can analyze only internally supported and decoded file formats. MC uses the external QuickTime codec for decoding AAC audio files like Apple's DRM protected .m4p files. Also, changing the physical file tags is not possible with MC.

I have converted the few AAC files I have to lossless Monkey's Audio format outside MC and imported the files to MC like any other Monkey's Audio files. Converting to a lossless format doesn't reduce audio quality, but of course the files will be much bigger. Also, the lossy Musepack encoder produces very good transcoding results from AAC if smaller file sizes are preferred. However, since iTunes files are DRM protected and converting is prohibited this doesn't help you. A Google search for iTunes DRM might help, but I don't think further discussion about that subject would be appropriate here.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up