INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To Move To Media Center Or Not?  (Read 1328 times)

ballen

• Junior Woodchuck
To Move To Media Center Or Not?
« on: June 29, 2003, 02:02:37 pm »

I'm currently using MJ v8.0.399 to rip/burn/encode and organize my vast CD collection.  I'm very happy with the product and it's features.

My concerns center around the dual products MJ/MC. Like most I'm trying to determine whether to stay with MJ or upgrade to MC if all I'm doing is centered around music.

Does MC's music features improve upon MJs in the area of rip/burn/encode/organize?  "JimH" states in "Media Center has been released" that "Many Media Jukebox software users have already upgraded to MC to enjoy the improved music capabilities and new features." I've looked at MC's "comparison chart" and can't see the improved music capablities.  I see MC listed as having Smarlists, cover art and a flexible database but MJ has these as well.  What am I missing?

If the only difference between the two is MC's photo/video/hardware connection features which have no value for me, can I rest comfortably staying with MJ?  Will MJ be eventually phased-out over time in favor of MC?

Thanks for your feedback,

Blair

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: To Move To Media Center Or Not?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2003, 05:16:34 pm »

I don't think it is going to sound better but the DSP area has been enhanced a bit

i think it works better

I don't use it for video other than TV from time to time, but i like it more.

there are some options that are not listed not sure why.

if you have not used your 30 day trial yet, you should try it.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2003, 06:31:35 am »

When they say MC has a flexible database they mean it is totally flexible eg. you can create your own fields, you can create calculated fields using data u already have eg a field like "(Year) - Album" etc.  It truly is amazingly flexible.  i reccommend at least trying the trial.  There are numerous other features as well including a new GUI which is much better for finding the info you want.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

zevele10

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2003, 09:40:44 am »

There is few small things that you do not have with MJ:

Songs without art sleeve
incomplete album
possible double

And many more ways to organise and see your songs

And ,of cause more and more than what i state right now

You may have to take the learning way and some MJ8 interfaces are much friendly than in MC.

If you i would try the 30 days free trial and see.
To reverse to MJ8 still an option after the 30 days
Pages: [1]   Go Up