INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Easy correction for sync hosing playlists?  (Read 1635 times)

serf

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Easy correction for sync hosing playlists?
« on: December 16, 2005, 06:51:18 pm »

Sometimes a sync (even of only a few files) results in all the playlists disappearing, even though MC shows the underlying files are still on the iPod.

Is there an easy way to fix this without having to initialize & re-sync everything?

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Easy correction for sync hosing playlists?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 10:30:49 am »

This should not happen. What version of MC do you have?

If this were to happen, a subsequent sync should recreate the playlists without needing to retransfer files.

Steve

serf

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 01:05:16 pm »

.83 (& earlier, since 5G came out).

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that I sync adui & video files using MC, but have to use iTunes to (manually) transfer TV shows I bought via iTunes & video podcasts.  (I close each program & detach the iPod between use of MC & iTunes.)

The first initialize/MC sync works.  Manually transferring the rest via iTunes seems to work the first time.  After that, sometimes the very next MC sync goes bad; sometimes it works a few more times (back & forth with MC & iTunes on successive days), but it eventually results in an MC sync that ends up with no playlists showing on the 5G.  Rebuilding database & syncing playlists, which is what I have tried to correct so far, does not work.  If I then try to use iTunes, it says it does not recognize the device & I have to use iPod Restorer & start over.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 04:01:02 pm »

When the playlists go away, if you sync again with MC, do the playlists get recreated? If not, what happens if you delete a file from iPod and then resync?

Thanks,

Steve

serf

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 07:02:17 pm »

When it happens, the playlists do not reappear after re-syncing, as I recall.  On the iPod, no files or playlists display.  When it is (does not go into the Apple loop and is) connected with MC, MC sees files; I can't recall if MC sees playlists, but I don't think so.  I'll try deleting a file via MC next time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up