INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.84 Beta  (Read 4763 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.84 Beta
« on: December 19, 2005, 05:55:36 pm »

This is a beta version of MC 11.1.  It will work with the same MC11 license that 11.0 uses.  Please post only bugs here.  Anything requiring discussion should go in a new thread.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

The public release version of Media Center 11.0 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html (recommended for new users)

This latest build of MC11.1 Beta is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111084.exe

11.1.84 (12/19/05)

1. NEW: Added function FormatFileSize(...) to the expression language to make a file size readable.
2. Fixed: The encoding options page allowed the user to type in the encoding type selection box.
3. Fixed: In some cases, the undo logging (undo / redo) could catch internal file changes and additions.
4. Fixed: With the "File Properties" Action Window minimized, previous changes could get saved to new selections in rare cases.
5. Changed: Reduced the minimum column width allowable.
6. Changed: Tuned the rating column default and auto-size width.
7. Fixed: Volume adjustment iPod option should no longer occasionally appear behind MC.
8. Changed: Media Center properly detects the media type of files on a WMDM device instead of assuming they're audio. (may require device reinitialize)
9. Changed: Portable Media Center style devices support images when appropriate.
10. NEW: Added the ability to play WM Professional content as a bitstream (for S/PDIF or ASIO output). (Plugin Manager > Input > WMA > Configure...)
11. Fixed: Renaming some tree items could cause the name to appear in the tree twice until a refresh. (F5)
12. Changed: Switched default skin tree expand image to arrows instead of plus boxes. (can be changed per skin by a skinner in the "Tree" section)
13. Changed: Media modes act as "home run" type links that collapse the tree and show the selected item, but they no longer filter the tree.
14. NEW: Previous log file is saved to "Previous Log.txt" on next MC run.
15. Changed: Reworked default view scheme layout. (use Edit > Reset All View Schemes... to revert to what a fresh install would have)

11.1.83 (12/16/05)

1. NEW: Added ability to select sorting for library grouping views using "View" dropdown. (saves per tab and per view scheme)
2. Changed: The root of the library view navigation history only shows as a link when filtering into a tile.
3. Fixed: "Customize Current View" settings for files at bottom lists in library tile views weren't sticking.
4. Changed: After an import, the actual "Recently Imported" or "Recently Ripped" playlist is shown instead of Media Library with a search filtering to that playlist.
5. Fixed: When switching tracks non-playlist / Playing Now views wouldn't update right away to show the new playing file.
6. Changed: Selections from the files at bottom list of library groupings views now fire to the rest of the program. (for Action Window viewing, statusbar, library tools, etc.)
7. Changed: TV files use the video icon instead of the document icon in file lists.
8. Fixed: The UPnP Server would crash during playback for D-Link DSM-320.
9. Fixed: The rip action window and rip file list wouldn't stay in sync when toggling check boxes for what tracks to rip.
10. NEW: Podcast one-click subscriptions.  You can now subscribe to podcasts by clicking on links prefixed pcast: podcast: or suffixed .pcast .podcast .rss.
11. Changed: The check-boxes in the rip list work more logically when selecting multiple files and then hitting a check.
12. Changed: Tuned some of tree and list icons.
13. Fixed: Thumbnails were not working properly when connecting to Library Server.
14. Fixed: Audible downloads were not integrating into Media Center's UI.

11.1.82 (12/15/05)

1. Changed: Restored "Album Thumbnails" list style.
2. NEW: Added list style to the "View" menu at the top-right of a library file listing.
3. Changed: When playback stops in mini-view, the text updates to the stopped state. (instead of showing the last file that played)
4. Changed: Options to check or uncheck all tracks for ripping added to CD right-click menu.
5. Fixed: Files with invalid internal art (1x1 transparent GIF, etc.) could show as a pink thumbnail.
6. Fixed: Scrollbar arrows would fail to work if the mouse wheel hadn't been used first.
7. Fixed: In rare cases, building multiple thumbnails at once of the same file type could cause a crash.
8. Fixed: In library tiles, when resizing where the "Link" drop button would appear, it wouldn't be removed when making the window larger again.
9. Changed: Library view header looks better with large font selections.
10. NEW: Podcast one-click subscriptions are partially implemented for experimental use only.  You cannot yet actually subscribe with this method.
11. Fixed: Cover art was not drawing properly in visualizations.
12. Fixed: UTF16 MP3 tagging would use the wrong byte order style in some cases. (introduced in 11.1.81)
13. Fixed: In some cases, confirmation boxes from handhelds could pop up behind Media Center, making the player look stuck.
14. Changed: Reworded options that removes files not in sync and added extra warning when enabling it.
15. Changed: Importing of aac and other types was redone.
16. New: MC will use Haali Media Splitter to load files (aac, m4a etc.) if normal way fails. This should simplify DirectShow filter requirement.
17. Fixed: The first image on an iPod could get overwritten each upload. (causing a blank to appear)

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
Configurable locations for all media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

pank2002

Re: Media Center 11.1.84 Beta
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 06:35:24 pm »

It seems that there's a new recommended LAME:
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Lame_Compiles

Currently MC uses build 96, I think. At least the lame.exe in the plugin folder is build 96... The dll might be different.

Perhaps the LAME-encoder of MC should be updated?

-Rasmus
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 07:17:38 pm »

Still able to dupe albumart issues with 2 ipod devices, detailed in this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30771.0

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 07:30:46 pm »

Did  Edit > Reset all view schemes to default.
Answered YES.
Clicked on AUDIO in the tree.
Noted that the fields showing in the viewscheme still have my customized settings and doesn't seem to have been reset.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 11:44:44 pm »

Been this way for several builds, just getting around to submitting it.
Download Manager:
Options > Import Downloaded checkbox is checked.

From URL, right click URL and choose "download with download manager".
Download the files.
Status of all files changes to "finished".
Files were never imported into MC when it completed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, looking in the download folder.....
The names of the files all start with " (Incomplete) [track#] [Name] [Album] [Artist].mp3 "

The files all finished to 100% and status says "finished" in the gui.

gk666999

• Junior Woodchuck
+1
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 03:08:25 am »

Download Manager:

Download the files.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The names of the files all start with " (Incomplete) [track#] [Name] [Album] [Artist].mp3 "

Same issue with (Incomplete), "Import files" or "Play Downloaded" here.

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 07:08:54 am »

"8. Changed: Media Center properly detects the media type of files on a WMDM device instead of assuming they're audio. (may require device reinitialize)"

Works like a charm! All non MP3 files are ignored and left safely on the Storage Card when using "Delete from handheld any files not in sync list".

Thanks!
Kwake

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 08:01:21 am »

When right-click importing from a folder I now get a Windows Explorer debug crash, the import fails, but MC is oblivious and continues.  The only way I can currently import now is via Tools->Import Media.

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 10:41:02 am »

I am really starting to have some problems with these last couple of builds:

1. Still can't scroll inside of cover art folder under list mode.
2. Is there a way to have cover folder always open under thumbnail view?
3. upon startup will only open up at all&other page, doesn't remember last
    exit view.
4. in options, track image location i have in a specified folder pick but
    underneath is a message stating will also store image in folder, is there a
    way to turn this off?

TC

DarkPenguin

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 10:59:19 am »

When right-click importing from a folder I now get a Windows Explorer debug crash, the import fails, but MC is oblivious and continues.  The only way I can currently import now is via Tools->Import Media.

I think I'm going to need some more details.  What kind of files are you importing, stuff like that.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 11:51:24 am »

Download Manager:

Download the files.

Duplicated and looking into it.

Mark Stega

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2005, 12:28:20 pm »

If you transfer an album to a Zen PMC and the album name has certain characters (&, :, etc) then the album "grouping" is lost on the PMC and the tracks appear at the album level in the PMC browser.

I am not sure I am following the issue here. Either that or I am unable to replicate it. When I transfer a track where the Album has a ':' in it , it appears correctly under Albums.

I just tried again with .84; The Album is "Cello Concertos : Ofra Harnoy" and the track names are like "Cto for Cello in D Minor: Allegro".  The transfer is converting from WAV to WMA (high quality).  I am dragging the entire album to the "Handheld player" window and then doing the transfer.

When I browse to the "Classical" genre on the PMC, I see the album name repeated 16 times (one for each track transfered).  Selecting each "album name" shows one track (the first track under the first name, etc).

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2005, 12:38:03 pm »

I think I'm going to need some more details.  What kind of files are you importing, stuff like that.

I get this crash with mp3 and flac files.  I use explorer to find the folder I want to import, right click on the folder and the click Media Center->Import

I get the windows debug dialogue appear with the following info:

Error Signature: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 Modname: jrshellext.dll
ModVer 1.0.23.0  Offseet: 0000bb58

I also get the error if I select and individual file to import.

Cheers,

Mark

water1

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2005, 12:40:24 pm »

WM Pro playback does not work for me. Using an ASUS motherboard A8N-VM CSM with SoundMAX ADI AD1986A 5.1 channel CODEC with a Pioneer VSX-59txi receiver. Clicked checkbox under plugins. Receiver outputs a buzzing noise and does not indicate WMA Pro audio as it does when I use Windows Media Player 10.
John

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2005, 12:59:16 pm »

More problems:

MC no longer remembers my last view when I close down and restart.  It always restarts in the global view.  In fact, if I select Audio view it expands the Audio tree but the selection of Audio only doesn't stick, so it's not a "last view" bug but rather a general view selection problem.

The Tag Info window "Visible Columns" pane only ever reflects the columns of the "files" options of the view pane, not Albums, Artists etc.

Cheers,

Mark

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2005, 01:34:10 pm »

Bugs:

MC is not remembering views between File and Library view. If I customize the view under the graphical view, then MC forgets the settings for file view. If I then go back and customize the settings under the file view, MC forgets the settings under the graphical view.

MC is always starting up in "All & Other" regardless of settings. If I delete "All & Other" as soon as I change to a different media type, that view scheme returns. I personally would like for this view to have the option to be deleted, and stay deleted. It is getting redundant with having the "Media Mode" buttons on the top right that no longer filter the tree, as well as having the "All & Other" View scheme in the tree. I wouldn't miss either one if they disappeared from MC all together. I never use the "Media Mode" buttons, nor do I intend to use the "All & Other" view scheme.

The database seems to have slowed down again as well. Don't know if its just me or what. But browsing the tree seems to be a bit slower than usual.

Also, albums with unicode characters still are not recognizing their cover art.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2005, 01:57:07 pm »

how many more new features are u guys adding?  i would just kind of like to know so i can get excited and all juvenily-yippy.... if that made any sense.  it would be cool if u guys had like a checklist of things you were going to add, and tackled each individual one, then we could kind of watch as u guys added new features and made them work... it would be cool, trust me.
http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2005, 03:03:19 pm »

It seems that there's a new recommended LAME: http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Lame_Compiles

Currently MC uses build 96, I think. At least the lame.exe in the plugin folder is build 96... The dll might be different.

Perhaps the LAME-encoder of MC should be updated?

Check this thread out: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30834.0
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2005, 03:11:22 pm »

When burning an MP3 CD with conversion option the progress bar doesn't advance. It has only two positions: empty and full at the end of the burning session.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up