INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zen Micro and playlist not syncing  (Read 1291 times)

JohnM

• World Citizen
Zen Micro and playlist not syncing
« on: December 26, 2005, 02:28:22 pm »

Hi!

We (my wife) have a Zen Micro with the latest firmware (2.21.02) and MC 1.11.89. We are experiencing problems when syncing a playlist to the zen. All the music files syncs ok but the actual playlist does not sync (ie when checking for playlists in the zen micro the playlists menu is empty). The catch here is that we are not running the zen micro in english (in finnish actually). When testing I changed the language to english the the playlist also was transferred to the device (well, first after the second sync...).

Any ideas to get the sync to work properly when running the device in another language than english?

BR John

denweller

• Recent member
Re: Zen Micro and playlist not syncing
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 09:32:27 pm »

did you try the zen micro's own software?

JohnM

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 01:45:25 am »

Hi!

No I didn't. MC's the only option here! Great piece of sw. Been a user since ver. 8.

Anyway I installed the Creative Zen and Jukebox Driver Upgrade version 1.30.03 which seems to have fixed the problem. The language setting is still english though. Haven't had the time to play around with the device lately.

We had similar problems a couple of months ago when the zen micro was bought and I flashed the device with a Play for Sure firmware (starting with 2.) Had to revert to the "standard" firmware (starting with 1.) because it didn't work as expected. MC version was 11.0.something back then. Got MC and the Zen Micro to work together rather well actually.

The only glitch (I've noticed) between the MC and the zen micro is the transferral of the playlist name from MC to the device. Sometimes it is transferre and sometimes you have to sync several times before the playlist name is transferred.

BTW Is there a relation between the firmware major version number (1 or 2) and the device type number in the PDT.xml file?
Have noticed that if I flash the zen micro with a firmware version 2.something I should have a 2  (default) in the device type field. If the firmware starts with 1. I have to change the device type to 1 otherwise the download rate drops drastically (maybe there are some other issues also but I haven't noticed anything else).

BR John

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 02:39:54 pm »

Playlists seem to work on my Creative Zen Vision when set to french.
Pages: [1]   Go Up