INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: atagger image problems  (Read 2714 times)

alexbreugelmans

• Junior Woodchuck
atagger image problems
« on: January 01, 2006, 02:18:08 pm »

atagger finds everything, but saves nothing: especially the return of "*ERROR*: Unable to get Image tag" nis a bit annoying; has somebody fixed this or worked around it (or just can show me how to do it if i'm missing a point here ...)

iCamp

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: atagger image problems
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 10:43:47 am »

I'd suggest using King's "Cover Art Finder" plug-in for art.  It yeilds higher quality images than the AMG sourced art found by aTagger. 
aTagger is unparalleled at filling in the important text tags but limited in the cover art department.

alexbreugelmans

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 12:26:07 pm »

Cover ArtFinder, well, does find ... not one of mine ... I tried classic ones like The Rolling Stones, hot new ones like The Magic Numbers (before going into Diamanda Galas or Giant Sand or ...); no cover found;it should get into Amazon images, but somehow I don't get any ... Atagger finds everything (so far), but nothing saved. A pity.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 12:57:02 am »

try this:

go to:
:\\<media center install directory>\data

and create a new folder called cover art

run aTagger on one album first, just to test. check the new folder you made at

:\\<media center install directory>\data\cover art\

has it saved the art work there? (you might need to refresh the window if you kept it open)
if yes, you just need to fix the coverart links inside the library. there are a few ways to do this, and a lot depends on how you are storing your coverart.

I keep all mine in a single directory, so if it were me, I'd open up both folders, move the files from data\cover art\ to the correct cover art folder, then get MC to look for art in the cover art folder.
The simplest solution might be to just tell MC that your cover art folder is the one you made earlier.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 08:26:38 am »

atagger finds everything, but saves nothing: especially the return of "*ERROR*: Unable to get Image tag" nis a bit annoying; has somebody fixed this or worked around it (or just can show me how to do it if i'm missing a point here ...)

I Wish I Knew How He Was Getting The Images With A Tagger.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 03:14:28 pm »

Cover ArtFinder, well, does find ... not one of mine ... I tried classic ones like The Rolling Stones, hot new ones like The Magic Numbers (before going into Diamanda Galas or Giant Sand or ...); no cover found;it should get into Amazon images, but somehow I don't get any ... Atagger finds everything (so far), but nothing saved. A pity.

If you get totally stuck, Tag&Rename (a commercial tagger) will find and download cover art from Amazon.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 03:40:39 pm »

I Wish I Knew How He Was Getting The Images With A Tagger.

Do you mean WHERE he's getting the images?  I'm pretty sure most of it comes from allmusic.com's site.  It's usually lower quality art than I get with your plugin or with MC's builtin art finding feature, but I do get more hits with atagger, so it's my backup plan.

alexbreugelmans

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 01:41:19 pm »

Tag&Rename finds it all. However I still get the files listed as having no image in MediaCenter. How can I change this?

runemail

• World Citizen
  • Soft Rock
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 05:41:56 pm »

I prefer to save coverart into tags in tag&rename.
Then you allways know where to find it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up